Good points of interest on iOS6 Apple Maps

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There doesn't seem to be an official list of 3D Cities for iOS6 Maps yet, but here's a list I found of places that are known to be mapped so far. If you find more, add them here. If you find crazy things in 3D, do share.

I can tell you that Las Vegas is a total trip to check out. Even if the streets, trees, and parking lots look to me like a post-apocalyptic nightmare.

U.S.
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Chicago
Seattle
Miami
Los Angeles
Mountain View (but not including the Google office!)
Cupertino (including the Apple office!)
San Jose including San Jose Airport – this had some nice 3D planes as well as a couple of “ghost” planes, which had presumably moved during the imaging process
Canada
Montreal
Europe
Copenhagen
Australia
Sydney
Melbourne, Australia

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Why do most of the buildings look derelict and smashed up? Also all the cars look smashed up?

Your answer...

Even if the streets, trees, and parking lots look to me like a post-apocalyptic nightmare.
It's the way it's been mapped, the images are rendered once the overlays are done. It's not easy, plus it's still a beta.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That looks pretty insane -- the part where it looks like a scene from Independence Day.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Your answer...

It's the way it's been mapped, the images are rendered once the overlays are done. It's not easy, plus it's still a beta.
I was thinking it had something to do with "Fringe".
YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.