Good to buy a screen protector film online and install it by myself?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yysweet, Jul 4, 2012.

1. yysweet

yysweet New Member

I have kept my macbook for years. When I bought it, they helped me install the screen protector film. Now, i want to change it. Is it good to buy one like this 5 in 1 Protection Shield Set for Apple MacBook Pro 13" online and install it by myself. i think it convinient to take my mac to ask professionals for help. and i want to have a try. by the way, any skills or advice?

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I can understand a screen protector for a touch screen device but for a MacBook?

As far as installing goes, as long as the screen is clean and free of dust you should be good. Use scotch tape to lift up the edges and another piece to clean any specs of dust underneath after you have installed it if you see any.

I've installed screen protectors on several iPads and you can barely tell they are on there.

3. yysweet

yysweet New Member

I have ever installed screen protectors on my cell phone. but air bubbles or wrinkles would often exists. I think the laptop screen protector may be a little thicker and so easier to avoid air bubbles and wrinkles. but i don't know what a good way to reach it.

#3 yysweet, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014