GOODBYE 3rd PARTY APPS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 7, 2007
Screw 1.1.1. The new iTunes app is nothing compared to my beloved 3rd party apps of NES, dock swap, and apollo IM. Vent your shared anger here...

Sep 17, 2007
SO CAL 909
Is there anyone we can be checking with to see the progress on getting the 3rd party apps working with 1.1.1? Does anyone have any sort of a time frame that we may be looking at? Could it possibly be months?

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Is there anyone we can be checking with to see the progress on getting the 3rd party apps working with 1.1.1? Does anyone have any sort of a time frame that we may be looking at? Could it possibly be months?
Considering they had the iPhone opened within a few weeks of it being in stores, I do not think it will be that long at all. it isn't as if they have nothing to work with either. The teams already know the framework of the firmware so they are in good shape. My guess is about a week, but just be patient, it will happen.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Considering they had the iPhone opened within a few weeks of it being in stores, I do not think it will be that long at all. it isn't as if they have nothing to work with either. The teams already know the framework of the firmware so they are in good shape. My guess is about a week, but just be patient, it will happen.
though i have no way of knowing, i'm thinking the iPhone dev team has the complete shell of code finalized and will only need to make changes to adjust for changes in the update.

then again, 1.1.1 could be a completely different kind of animal than 1.02 and they might not be able to use a lot of their base code to move forward.

only time will tell unless someone from the dev team itself wants to chime in. there is nothing on modmyiPhone or tuaw where much of the dev team development is mentioned.

carl

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
1.1.1 is a completely different animal. Be prepared to be happy with whatever version you have on your iPhone 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 for a while to come. 1.1.1ers can update again, of course.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
An iPod Touch jailbreak is still missing. Consider this to be a sign of what's in store for iPhoners 1.1.1.

medafor

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
haha, you all are funny. the iPhone will be like the psp. Apple will keep releasing updates, the devs will keep breaking the encryption. sony always claims there latest firmware is unbreakable, sony has been countering mods for years, somehow the community strikes back with breaking the encryption. it all ones and zeros, if it's software, it can be hacked. good luck Apple with your tyranny.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I'm OK with the 1.0.2 with all the 3rd party apps. I think the 3rd party apps is much more valuable than the Apple update. How often do I go the buy the songs through' wifi? If the 1.1.1 is not breakable, I think the dev team can enhance the 1.0.2 to compete with Apple 1.1.1 features, or, find a way to make the downgrade possible. I bet the iPhone sales will drop and they will have more refurbished unit later. Look at PSP, the MOD only work in the downgraded version.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
i would be fine with my 3rd party apps, but since i modded my phone, iTunes freezes.
can anybody help, ive tried reinstalling iTunes but its a no go.
How did itune freeze? What version of itune you have? Did you reinstall that and how does reinstall works (successful/ not successful)?

InTheLBC.

Bronze
Apr 1, 2007
Palmdizzy.
i have version 7.4.3 and the reinstalls work great, but when i plug in my phone the iTunes freezes up.
i cant click anything and when i open up windows task manager it says iTunes is not responding.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Screw 1.1.1. The new iTunes app is nothing compared to my beloved 3rd party apps of NES, dock swap, and apollo IM. Vent your shared anger here...
I feel quite different.
The 3rd party apps I installed were quite pointless and useless to me.
iTunes is great.

Jun 28, 2007
Don't say goodbye so soon. Nothing is unhackable. Its just a matter of time before 1.1.1 is able to have 3rd Party Apps. Probably about a week I would think.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I'm not updating either. I really like some of the mods. Hopefully, within a couple of weeks they will be available to all again.