Google+ Available To All

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Google+ is now open to all, no need to receive an invite anymore! Here is a breakdown of a few of the features we're going to see in the near future :)

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I though it was open a couple months ago?
Initially when the alpha was released they opened up. Then they allowed a staggered invite process. And now they're in the beta stage it's open to everyone, no invite required.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Disagree. Google+ is brilliant, not as good as Twitter but much better than facebook. Google+ is good, IMO.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
You're wrong.

How many of these things do you people need?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You're wrong.

How many of these things do you people need?
Pretty strident view there. I think Google+ is pretty darn good. A wide range of content, a whole lot of really top techie type people, lots of good discussions covering tech and just about anything else. The circles way of managing who and what you see is quite clever too.

I think several of the social networks are very useful, and for different reasons - so being active in more than one can also be very useful.

Why are you so against them? Which ones, if any, have you had bad experiences with?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't hear much about it anymore. Have many people lost interest since signing up last spring? I don't want to join another social network so I won't be signing up either way. Just curious.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't hear much about it anymore. Have many people lost interest since signing up last spring? I don't want to join another social network so I won't be signing up either way. Just curious.
I've seen some numbers that say usage is down, but I think most are speculation as Google hasn't released figures. I know in my own stream nothing has slowed down - but I follow a lot of 'noisy' people who post a lot. Photographers, tech pundits and bloggers and such.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've seen some numbers that say usage is down, but I think most are speculation as Google hasn't released figures. I know in my own stream nothing has slowed down - but I follow a lot of 'noisy' people who post a lot. Photographers, tech pundits and bloggers and such.
You spam my stream regularly :)

J/K

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I got into farming again on Facebook, if I have to stay there, I need to keep my self busy.
I like google+ concept better, just can't get any of my family members to switch.