Google Chrome for iOS coming today, anyone care?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm curious about Chrome. It's not my primary desktop browser. I stick with Safari due to convenience of syncing bookmarks. I'm willing to give Chrome a try, but not getting my hopes up. (See Gmail app for reasons why that wouldn't be a good idea).

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
The issue remains (and maybe this is more on Apple's iOS hands) that the iPad has no options for setting a default browser. It can only be Safari. Not sure I blame them - since it is an Apple device and they have a large part to play in the browser game. This makes all other browsers extra work to use - and for that reason I am not a fan of other iOS browsers.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The issue remains (and maybe this is more on Apple's iOS hands) that the iPad has no options for setting a default browser.
I agree with you 100%. I just installed it and I really like it so far. Whether I'll ultimately delete it because of the extra work since it can't be the default browser remains to be seen...

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
Did you download Google Chrome from the American version App Store? It's not available in the Canadian App Store.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
I like it, so far so good. The interface is nice and clean and the browsing experience is a good one.

My one gripe is the keyboard. I don't like how they made it where the period and symbols are at the top. I much prefer the default iOS keyboard. I can't really say which one is better overall, but when the entire OS operates one way you'd like your apps not to deviate from this.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm curious about Chrome. It's not my primary desktop browser. I stick with Safari due to convenience of syncing bookmarks. I'm willing to give Chrome a try, but not getting my hopes up. (See Gmail app for reasons why that wouldn't be a good idea).
I am a bid confused about bookmark syncing my laptop, iPad and iPhone are syncing bookmarks.
I tried google chrome it's very fast

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I'm loving Chrome so far. The tabs are excellent. About to try that "Open in Chrome" tweak.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Chromizer tweak was just released that adds full screen and pull to refresh. Loving Chrome even more now.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app