Google Chrome Update

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Lon, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I just installed the Google Chrome update from the app store. I have an iP5, running iOS 6.1, jailbroken. It constantly crashes on startup. When I first installed it, it seemed to disable Zephyr. I rebooted the phone, and Zephyr now works fine but Chrome continues to crash. Anyone else?

Sent Using iCafe App

2. TheDeafGuy

TheDeafGuy Member
    Bronze

I have that same problem.. I'm on 6.1.1 jailbroken with evasi0n 1.4 (I think it's 1.4) and I've switched over to using Safari until Google sends another update. I miss my tabs. :(

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

This is related to the jailbreak. There should be a Chrome update to fix this soon, but you can reenable usage for now by following these directions.

4. TheDeafGuy

TheDeafGuy Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the tip, Europa. Much appreciated. :)

5. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I 'accidentally' fixed mine by tapping the checkbox on startup. Must have to do with sending stuff to Coogle. Thanks for the real fix!

6. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I had to remove the jailbreak fix (and Google Chrome) as I think the jailbreak fix was causing another problem. The problem was my brightness kept dropping almost to zero when I'd hit a the screen. Since removed, it hasn't occurred.

7. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I like google chrome but my little sister accidentally delete it, now I'm having issues installing it back.

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Yours is the easiest method to fix Chrome...for those who have Chrome installed and missed the early option to tick the check box, you can delete Chrome and re install it, to get this option again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Chrome was just updated in the App Store to address the startup crash on jailbroken iPhones.

Once updated, you can stop sending those pesky crash reports!