Google Chrome vs. Safari Bookmarks Bar Feature

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For the longest time, I've been using Google Chrome because I like its features, speed, and one little thing about the way it displays Bookmarks on the Bookmark Bar: It uses a tiny icon that is representative of the website (chosen, no doubt, by the webmaster). I like this because it allows me to use short abbreviations on the Bookmarks Bar, thereforee maximizing the number of bookmarks I can fit on the bar. (Perhaps one day they'll allow us to have two bookmark bars--one can dream.)For example, for Macrumors, as you can see below, I simply have an "M" and the tiny Macrumors logo takes care of the rest. Without the Macrumors logo, I might have to use more letters to represent the name of the website (perhaps "MR" or "MACRUM").
Chrome vs. Safari icons on bookmark bar.jpeg
I have up until now been unable to make those tiny logos show up in Safari. Is there a way to make them show up?

Even if there isn't, I really want to forsake Google Chrome, so I've decided to use Emoji characters instead of the tiny logos offered by the websites. Obviously, I will not always find an Emoji that represents the website accurateley. For example, I used the bird Emoji for Twitter (
Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 8.27.21 PM.png
). It looks nothing like the Twitter bird.

Last edited: