Google Chromecast on Sale

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If anyone has been holding out for a Google Chromecast this might be the time to buy. Amazon is offering a special deal. Buy a Google Chromecast for $29.99 and get a free $10 gift card from Amazon. This would mean you would pay $19.99 plus tax.This promotion will last until August 9th, or until supplies last. I'm holding out for the new Apple TV upgrade but a Chromecast this cheap might be worth it.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/killer-deal-amazon-pay-10-buy-30-google-135559935.html

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Chris, how do you like the Amazon Fire TV compared to Chromecast? Are they any pros and cons?
The biggest difference is the Chromecast reliance on a smartphone. Think of it as enabling Google's version of AirPlay. To watch Netflix, you need your phone. Chromecast by itself doesn't have any channels, apps or remote control. The Fire TV (and inexpensive Fire TV Stick) all have apps, channels and a remote.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for that explanation Chris. I purchased this Chromecast, but I will also purchase the Apple TV when it is upgraded. I did look at the Fire TV but I would rather go with the Apple TV.