Google Glasses

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone plan on buying these or become an Explorer as they say? They go on sale today. I realize the price is quite steep at $1,500 plus tax.
I have no plans to, even if they were cheaper. I don't like being that connected, and also I would look like a doofus wearing them.

GoogleGlass_15.jpg

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not planning on Google Glasses, at that price. If they dropped below $500, I might consider checking them out, but only with a good, solid return policy.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Not me. I think wearing those would just freak me out. Then there's the price.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Enough people wearing them and there goes any sense of my privacy within my personal space. I realize there are cameras and microphones everywhere but at least they're not in my face. If someone, wearing those, attempted to start a conversation with me, I would be so rude as to ask that person to put them away, same as I do with cell phone users today. Turn off your device and talk to me or take it elsewhere.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i think they are awesome but overpriced at this time. so im gonna have to pass for now

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
oh i got the cash it's just that im not sure i would use them that much to justfiy the cost. plus i really hate to ware glasses. it will take me awhile to get used to using them on a daily basis. so i will wait for them to lower the price.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
oh I got the cash it's just that im not sure I would use them that much to justfiy the cost. plus I really hate to ware glasses. it will take me awhile to get used to using them on a daily basis. so I will wait for them to lower the price.
I went through the same thought process back n the 90s with a $2800 telescope.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I was at a wedding last Saturday. Some fool was wearing his Google glasses. lol ... honestly the first thought that went through my mind was "what an a$$". Why would he need to wear those at a wedding other than to tell people "look at me"..?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was at a wedding last Saturday. Some fool was wearing his Google glasses. lol ... honestly the first thought that went through my mind was "what an a$$". Why would he need to wear those at a wedding other than to tell people "look at me"..?
She'll be singing a different tune when she gets it ripped off her face.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
The only thing I'm going to wear on my face is prescription glasses. I have enough gadgets to play with.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Does anyone plan on buying these or become an Explorer as they say? They go on sale today. I realize the price is quite steep at $1,500 plus tax.
I have no plans to, even if they were cheaper. I don't like being that connected, and also I would look like a doofus wearing them.

View attachment 36433
I got Google Glass since last year June. I may look like a doofus to some that is OK but I am actually got less connected since GLASS.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Enough people wearing them and there goes any sense of my privacy within my personal space. I realize there are cameras and microphones everywhere but at least they're not in my face. If someone, wearing those, attempted to start a conversation with me, I would be so rude as to ask that person to put them away, same as I do with cell phone users today. Turn off your device and talk to me or take it elsewhere.
I think you need GLASS for a few days. That is just it GLASS is not turned on. I can see you and talk to you, with GLASS sitting above my eyesight and only when I turn it on (very visible there is a light in the prism and I either talk to GLASS or swipe the touch pad) it is on. I love hands free and not looking at my phone. It's been usefully in so many ways.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
oh I got the cash it's just that im not sure I would use them that much to justfiy the cost. plus I really hate to ware glasses. it will take me awhile to get used to using them on a daily basis. so I will wait for them to lower the price.
I was not going to spend the $ either. My husband paid them for me. But if I knew then what I know now, no question I paid that amount. Anyway they are not a ready product for consumers as of yet. Closer now then ever but IMO not ready.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I don't know about the wedding situation. I do have places I do not wear GLASS. For example movies or my sons school or some government buildings. I also left GLASS behind when I am in a hurry because I do not want to come across rude when I tell someone I have no time for a demo.