Google iPhone interface

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
If you navigate to google from iPhone using Safari, you'll see that have a completely new interface. The new mobile friendly interface is great on the iPhone. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
go to google from iPhone. new interface...
I was wondering if this was posted yet. The link provided was www.google.com/m and it looks and works great.

In addition to this it was announced Google has announced AIM support inside of Google and with GTalk. I don't think this applies to the iPhone yet as you can't get that little chat window going. The overall interface looks a lot like the Facebook interface for the iPhone.

Thanks Google.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What was that 3rd party app that allows you to make an icon on your homescreen out of a website shortcut? I would love to put google right on my homescreen.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Great new look..

I'm glad that Gmail is accessible from it now, I got tired of having to go into classic mode to log in.

- John

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It looks nice. I like the more tab and the potential some of these have.

I am glad I got gmail and started using google services for everything.
It is nice to have it all right on my phone now.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
now that we are on the topic of gogole.. i do the google calendar all the time... i think that it is cool that it is optimized for iPhone, there are some issues that i have with it.

1. is there a way to get a month view? rather then the view that is available now?
2. i can add items with this fine.. i have not been able to delete events from iPhone.. does anyone know if this can be done?

thanks

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I read an article recently that talked about a new location based capability in Google Maps. The feature uses GPS if available or bases the location on the cell tower you are attached to. It only works with WindowsMobile, Symbian and one other I don't remember. Hopefully this will be added to the Maps app soon.