Google Map gone weird

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
So a quick story, I just popped down my local Chinese take away (by the way it was yummy) and I thought id pop my wee iPhone out, any excuses hey. I normal do a find me where ever I go to see how close it can get me, normally it isn't very close, it just circles a wide area. but im cool with that, nice little app if ever im lost....so anyway whilst in the take away I did the find me....it took a while and finally zoomed into somewhere really close. I at last thought result ive found somewhere it'll find me, until i looked closer, I was circled in a different country, to be precise odysel, North Poland....very random I think. 1000's of miles away. im in north UK by the way

Aug 28, 2007
mine get me exactly where i am. very cool.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
mine get me exactly where i am. very cool.
im still waiting to find me exactly. im not bothered by it as its a pretty neat app, but just slightly weird that in a little take away that is at most 2 miles away from me it says its in Poland. do you think.....i donno some locals Poles have set up a telephone mast and registered it to Poland and are making cheap calls...noo, guessed not, tried though

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
So a quick story, I just popped down my local Chinese take away (by the way it was yummy) and I thought id pop my wee iPhone out, any excuses hey. I normal do a find me where ever I go to see how close it can get me, normally it isn't very close, it just circles a wide area. but im cool with that, nice little app if ever im lost....so anyway whilst in the take away I did the find me....it took a while and finally zoomed into somewhere really close. I at last thought result ive found somewhere it'll find me, until i looked closer, I was circled in a different country, to be precise odysel, North Poland....very random I think. 1000's of miles away. im in north UK by the way
i thought you were going to say it thought you were in China... what a letdown...