Google maps in KPH

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
just looked at my google maps and its set to Kilometers and i want it in miles. how do i change this? 2.2 3g

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hmmm, just a guess, but what is your region format in settings/general/international? Something other than U.S.?

edit: yup, that seems to do it for me.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Hmmm, just a guess, but what is your region format in settings/general/international? Something other than U.S.?

edit: yup, that seems to do it for me.
im in the UK and it comes up with km i want miles damn you. ive looked under settings but all seems ok

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
its weird when i change it to United States it shows up in miles and when I select United Kingdom it come up in km.....England has never used km!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
its weird when i change it to United States it shows up in miles and when I select United Kingdom it come up in km.....England has never used km!
You right - that's really strange. I'm living in Denmark, and use km ;)

After reading in some forums, it then seems that you're not alone - lots of people living in the UK got the same problem with Maps. I'll guess Apple will fix that one soon - maybe in the upcoming 2.2.1 firmware!? ;)

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
What is "KPH"?....Copenhagen?
KPH = Kilometers Per Hour

Kilometers is a unit of measurement and i'm guessing you know what an hour is :p

In Australia, Hong Kong & India all use KPH - I thought UK would also use KPH because they were all colonized by the British. (I'll try not to involve too much history in my next post :) )