Google maps....may update soon?..and this is y i think soo..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
Ok so the other day i was outside in my friends house and this car passed us and it had this weird black and red thing on top of it with some wires. Then i look on the side of the car and it said google maps.....so maybe they are updating part of the map!:laugh2:

idk if u guys notice but it is out of date like it doesn't show some buildings around me and stuff....so ya!......

maybe its just for that part of town i was in but hopefully not....

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
thats kewl man.. But this forum is an iPhone forum you should post this in either the applications or the off the topic section.. thank you

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Google does update both Maps and Earth.

For maps, they re-do it and update the whole program themselves without you knowing.

Same with Earth; they take some new satellite images, and update Earth. No notification for you.

- John

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I think what the OP saw was the Google "street view" photo truck. In a lot of metropolitan areas you can now get a full 360 degree view from street level. I've seen a few driving around Vegas from time to time.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I think what the OP saw was the Google "street view" photo truck. In a lot of metropolitan areas you can now get a full 360 degree view from street level. I've seen a few driving around Vegas from time to time.

For security reasons I thought they did away with that. You used to go right down to the street level, now your lucky if you get the roof.