Google Maps questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
Google Maps doesn't do everything its supposed to for me. Whenever I do a search for restaurants in a city, it says it can't find the address. Could it be that there are just no restaurants listed around me?

Also, what cities does the traffic function work in?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Give us an example search that you're trying. Google maps will tend to search around the area centered on the map first, even if given a city or zipcode in the search. I tend to search for zipcode/city first... center the map to where I am or am going to be, then search for what I want.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^That's what I do as well. It takes longer but due to the lack of GPS this is what we're forced to do. Traffic isn't available everywhere as of yet and I have no idea of all of the cities it's available in but I'm sure you can go to google maps on your computer and find out more there.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
It just worked great for me and my trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando, however, I never had to search any restaurants, the directions were spot on and very understandable and complete. I actually liked using it a lot better than mapquest. The GPS function would be nice for when you miss an exit or take an early turn. The only other complaint i have is the lack of alternative routes.

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
Got it

I tried doing a search first, selecting which place I want to go to, then hit directions to here and type in the starting address. Works like a charm.