Google Music goes Live

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Here's the Engadget link.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/16/googles-android-these-go-to-eleven-liveblog-from-los-angeles/

Obviously with iTunes, this didn't hit the radar here. If not for a career in IT, for me, mobile would supersede the PC in terms of day to day use and value. And generally I like follow major developments in the sector regardless of who is leading it.

Anyway, I had a whoa! moment at the "artists hub", as I glanced at the bullet points. I'm really surprised that the big labels would partner with that in the fine print. If Google could hook/develop the thing into a social/distribution powerhouse like Facebook/YouTube, then an Indy artist could go viral without ever needing the labels. That's got the potential to be hugely disruptive.

Obviously I'm really hoping it has an apple-like polish to gain stream and I'm really bummed that I have to wait on the international release.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I generally find TechCrunch to be an Apple/iOS cheerleader so quite like this quote.

'And last but not least, there’s the Google “hang around” strategy, which is being implemented on practically every Google platform. Like Google+, which, whether you like it or not, you’re pretty much already on. Same with Music: you might not find it compelling today, but it’s there, it’s free, and you’re going to keep seeing it. And it’s going to keep getting better.'

http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/16/do...ed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Techcrunch+(TechCrunch)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2009
I was reading in the points that you could actually share a free full play with your Google+ contacts. Interesting. That may be what you were talking about with going viral.

I haven't uploaded my library yet.

Oct 3, 2009
Holy crap the upload is slow. Been uploading for about a half hour. Got about 6 songs uploaded. I might have to pass on this.