Google Now might be coming to iOS, do you care?

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
That is one thing that google has had more time to make better and that is their voice recognition software

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
NowNow tweak will be much more useful "now". :D
Just tested it and really like it. It's a lot faster and more accurate than Siri. Is there any way to get it to do things like make phone calls and play music from the iPod app?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Just upgraded the app and I'm impressed. Waaaay faster than Siri. Downside is that it won't access music and calendars Bummer.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Siri is a virtual assistant that can perform many tasks. Google Now is nothing more than a voice activated search engine that learns your routines and attempts to provide info to the user before the user asks. Even though Google Now on Android can compose text and emails, it's not considered an assistant like Siri. The JB community may now take advantage of Google Now and create tweaks that may allow us to accomplish tasks like Siri.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Siri is a virtual assistant that can perform many tasks. Google Now is nothing more than a voice activated search engine that learns your routines and attempts to provide info to the user before the user asks. Even though Google Now on Android can compose text and emails, it's not considered an assistant like Siri. The JB community may now take advantage of Google Now and create tweaks that may allow us to accomplish tasks like Siri.
Correct, and Google Now doesn't interact with you like Siri does. The more I'm testing it out tonight, the more I'm seeing your point. If it interacted (in iOS) like it does on Android if be more impressed...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hope so. I'd love to ditch Siri and replace her with Google Now. Siri is slow and inaccurate. I mainly use it for the iPod and calling people.

For the time being, I'm going to disable Siri, which enables voice controls, and use Google Now for everything else.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I hope so. I'd love to ditch Siri and replace her with Google Now. Siri is slow and inaccurate. I mainly use it for the iPod and calling people.

For the time being, I'm going to disable Siri, which enables voice controls, and use Google Now for everything else.
I can't disable Sir because I'm always setting reminders for myself with geofencing, scheduling and organizing my calendar. If Google Now can do this for me, Siri will be disabled.

Reactions: Europa

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I can't disable Sir because I'm always setting reminders for myself with geofencing, scheduling and organizing my calendar. If Google Now can do this for me, Siri will be disabled.
I've come to the conclusion that Google Now on iOS is great voice search, but no more. I use Siri for things like playing music, adding events to calendars, setting reminders, etc. Google Now can't do these things for me. I'm sure it's great on Android, but limited on iOS. If you use Siri for web searches, GN is certainly a better option...