Google now

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Anyone using the new google now option on the ip5 I'm using it but its constantly searching for something not sure what but the white arrow is always at the top right of my screen but if I opt out of the google now option it goes away,anyone know what it searching for?

Sent using iCafe app

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Ok but why isn't it turning off.
It shouldn't stay on I've had to switch it off I'm gonna try it again later as I like google now it's got a lot going for it,plus all my other apps have my location so I wonder why It won't find it on google now,won't it be draining battery life if its constantly trying to find my location.

Sent using iCafe app

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I turned off location reporting from the google now settings. I still have the location service on in the iPhone settings, but it doesn't keep the location Sevices running all the time in the background.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I turned off location reporting from the google now settings. I still have the location service on in the iPhone settings, but it doesn't keep the location Sevices running all the time in the background.
Thanks. I found it under privacy settings and turned it off. Now I can uninstall Springtomize. I was using it to disable the status bar location icon.
I've found that it's better than Siri for most things, although Siri is easier to invoke.
I agree. I find it much faster and more reliable than Siri. I wish we could set up an Activator gesture to invoke it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can set an Activator gesture to open the Google app, or any app for that matter. It won't be as integrated an experience as Siri, of course.
There are a few tweaks in Cydia which integrate with the Google Search app. Activator is your best bet :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh yeah! I just remembered NowNow in Cydia. I just installed it and set up triple-tap of the home button to open Google and automatically activate the mic. (y)

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
How come we don't get any option to share on google+ with most iPhone apps the only app that gives me the option to share with g+ is flipboard is this right or am I doing something wrong it gives me the option to share on Facebook or twitter but that's it..

Sent using iCafe app

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
How come we don't get any option to share on google+ with most iPhone apps the only app that gives me the option to share with g+ is flipboard is this right or am I doing something wrong it gives me the option to share on Facebook or twitter but that's it..

Sent using iCafe app
Facebook and Twitter are integrated into the OS. Google+ is not and am sure it won't be.

Sent from the baddest smartphone on the planet, my white 64GB iPhone 5.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Meh, I played around with Google Now for a few days and now I'm over it. It's super fast because its voice search only. Since I use Siri mainly for opening music, texting, and calls, Google Now has no use for me...