Google Reader Issue

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I've been using Google Reader (GR) on the iPhone for several months to aggregate my feeds, including podcasts. The feeds are updated as expected. However, something new has changed.

I stream most of my podcasts. Previously, I'd select the subscription thread, and GR would list the updated items. Under one of the new items would appear what reminds me of a LEGO block. Underneath that block would appear a link stating something to the effect Original Enclosure. Up until today, that link was there. When I select that link, my iPhone would start the native Quick Time player, load "the movie", and start streaming. Now, that link is not there, but the LEGO block is. Looking real close at the block, I see question marks. In my streaming experience, a LEGO block with question marks is a file which can't be streamed.

The problem persists even after resetting, clearing history and clearing the cache. I can navigate via Safari to the podcast, eventually, and it will play.

My questions are:

(1) has anyone else noticed this
(2) is there a GR link/setting I need to reset
(3) is this a restore issue

Any suggestions?:)

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I checked the status of Google Reader and the "Original Audio Source" link is back. If you click on the help link in the previous post, and scroll down, there is an acknowledgement of a software bug that had caused the problem.