Google search.

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
My phone all of a sudden keeps reverting to the mobile mode search in google, I hate the view in mob mode and much prefer the classical mode but I have to keep switching from mob mode to classical mode I didn't have to this before! Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
My phone all of a sudden keeps reverting to the mobile mode search in google, I hate the view in mob mode and much prefer the classical mode but I have to keep switching from mob mode to classical mode I didn't have to this before! Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
Have you tried cleaning all the cookies etc. in Settings? (Settings -> Safari..)

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
Have you tried cleaning all the cookies etc. in Settings? (Settings -> Safari..)
Yes I've tried that thanks, Its really annoying me!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Found this on another thread, maybe it will help.
So, the issue is that Google is recognizing that a request is coming specifically from the iPhone, and sending you to their mobile site. Why? That's a question for Google.

How to beat it? Trick google.com into thinking you're not an iPhone.

go to
www.google.com/search?q=+&client=firefox

that should do it. It brings you to an empty results page, but it is Google Classic.

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
Found this on another thread, maybe it will help.
Yes this works once.. Then next time it foes back to mob view. Really can't understand why it's just started to do this?

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes this works once.. Then next time it foes back to mob view. Really can't understand why it's just started to do this?
Try to take it back to Apple to see what they say. you don't have anything to loose.