Google street view coming and other features.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
The only people requesting the ability to disable Auto-Correction are people that don't know how to use it correctly.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I know how yo use it but sometimes it does get annoying, like when you're trying to curse. lol

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
But nothing about push being enabled.

Jailbreaking is looking more and more tempting! :p

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I know how yo use it but sometimes it does get annoying, like when you're trying to curse. lol
You can type whatever word you want 3-5 times in a row and deny the suggestion each time and the auto-correction will add that word to its dictionary. Trust me I have no problem with any curse word I want to type on the iPhone. :laugh2:
This is what I mean by people not fully understanding how to use the feature.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i like the street view comeing to the phone, thats cool. but they should also add the new google maps were u can edit the middle of your route without haveing to change your your going or from. if anyone has played with that

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
You can type whatever word you want 3-5 times in a row and deny the suggestion each time and the auto-correction will add that word to its dictionary. Trust me I have no problem with any curse word I want to type on the iPhone. :laugh2:
This is what I mean by people not fully understanding how to use the feature.
I know this si supposed to happen but it doesn't!

How many times have I denied the F word and is still not added. How many times have I denied many other words and they are still not added. MANY.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
so you don't necessarily want to turn auto-correction off... you just want a more consistent implementation.

The easiest thing to do (in my opinion) would be to allow users to manually enter words into a custom dictionary. NOT that difficult to do.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
so you don't necessarily want to turn auto-correction off... you just want a more consistent implementation.

The easiest thing to do (in my opinion) would be to allow users to manually enter words into a custom dictionary. NOT that difficult to do.
That would be great and simple. Apple should do something like this.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You have to wonder how much longer after the Google phones are introduced will Google continue to update their apps on the iPhone. Will the honeymoon be over?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm hoping Android is ported for the iPhone.

only a matter of time, i think.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
But nothing about push being enabled.

Jailbreaking is looking more and more tempting! :p
I thought you could already enable Push at least on my phone you can anyway. You may need to change your email provider to one that supports PUSH. Steve will graciously offer you one (MobileMe) with lots of other goodies if you want to pay 99.00$ a year. You also have to be a bit patient. When MobileMe works it works great but when it doesn't work it is horrible. Yahoo offers PUSH email for free. It works properly less than MobileMe though...Mark

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Mark, she means push for application notification, not for email. She wants her IM app to be able to alert her of incoming messages after it's closed. Apple said it would be late September before that ability would be brought to the 2.x firmware, but obviously they're running a bit behind.

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
What is push email?

sorry for being abit thick,but what is push email?
I just have mail check for new mail every hour,how does push differ please?
Does it mean you get your mail as soon as it arrives?
Thanks for any explanation.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
sorry for being abit thick,but what is push email?
I just have mail check for new mail every hour,how does push differ please?
Does it mean you get your mail as soon as it arrives?
Thanks for any explanation.
Yes, the phone notifies you at once when you are sent an email, not when it periodically checks to see if one is in your inbox.