Google Sync (Contacts & Calendars) Now Works On iPhone.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Greetings Forum Members,
I happened to be browsing cnet.com (The hot new mobile version) today on my iPhone. I found out that Google Sync now works on the iPhone. Many members don't have MobileMe so this will satisfy your "In The Cloud" calendar and contacts syncing. Get info on how to setup your iPhone here is the link: Google Sync iPhone Info. Happy Syncing, Mark:laugh2:

Here is my dilemma. I have MobileMe and it works great for "In The Cloud" syncing. I want to just try the Google Sync on my iPhone to see how it works. I don't want to take the chance of screwing up my MobileMe sync though. I think I'll just leave it alone. I've seen Google Sync in action on both my BlackBerry's and it works great. But then I won't be able to report to you all if MobileMe and Google Sync can both live in peace on the same iPhone. I'm going for it and will give you guys/gals the results.

P.S. Do you think I gave you guys/gals enough links to get to the Google Sync iPhone info page?

Just In case you miss all the warnings on the Google Page. Make sure you back your iPhone up first before using Google Sync.

Important! Google Sync uses the Microsoft© Exchange ActiveSync© protocol. When setting up a new Exchange ActiveSync account on your iPhone, all existing Contacts and Calendar events will be removed from your phone. Please make sure to back up any important data before you set up Google Sync.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I appreciate you walking on the wild side. I have been using google sync for some time and it solved the sync problem for me. I almost went with MM but didn't have the confidence it would work like I needed. I am looking forward to your posts.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Can't wait till Google puts up a virtual drive as well...