Google sync is not working

mayhem203

Feb 12, 2009
hello,
so i followed the directions step by step and when enter my password and hit next i get a pop up box that says "unable to verify certificate" while automatically discovering account settings, the certificate from gmail.com could not be verified. i hit accept and then finish the process. I then get to the end of the process, i get a pop up box saying "invalid password" wtf is that? i tried probably 10 times....i am entering the correct one... any help would be great

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
does google sync with the contact syn sync all the info...when i had my storm it only did numbers , no address etc etc

Sep 16, 2008
I had this problem as well, and found a couple of comments about it on other websites, for somee reason it seems some peoples settings don't work depending on what they put ehre username as first try just your user name without the @gmail.com, then try with @gmail.com, if neither of those 2 work try putting @googlemail.com. I tried all 3 ways eventually mine worked with @googlemail.com.

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
Can you use google sync at the same time if you're also using MobileMe?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Can you use google sync at the same time if you're also using MobileMe?
No you can only have one exchange server at a time.

PS I am now having problems with google sync. My battery is getting destroyed. It went from 80% to 10% within a few hours in sleep mode. It was apparently trying to connect to the server but couldnt and now it says my username/pass is wrong.