Google update

google mobile app has an update that seems to include the voice search feature

Edit: yes the update does include the voice search feature... It works pretty good... Again this is the google mobile app that has been in the appstore

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Really? so i can open google app and search google web with voice commands? damn if thats true, thats cool

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Where have you been? Everyone's been buzzin about this since Friday, when it was supposed to be released.

And now it's here it doesn't work too well with real English, only US English.

When it does work it's great though but for now I can type entries faster than it returns correct ones using English.

No doubt a work in progress that Google will sort out.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
ha - i haven't been around for a few days - and i deleted the google app about a week after i installed it so i haven't noticed any updates etc... ill check it out now!

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
THIS APP IS AWESOME! You have to get it! It just made me feel like there is some hope out there for the iPhone again. But it's ashame that google is making more moves on the iPhone than Apple is. But the app is awesome and tottaly worth it. You just speak a word and in seconds it gets you the definition. speak the name of a place and it will get you the nearest location and the phone number. Honestly it's 10X faster than typing it in. This App has earned itself a spot on my first page ;)

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
Agreed, it's awesome, when it works, which so far is not most of the time! It too often does not understand my perfectly good (American) English and it does not search contacts, as it is supposed to. It is still very much a work in progress.
THIS APP IS AWESOME! You have to get it! It just made me feel like there is some hope out there for the iPhone again. But it's ashame that google is making more moves on the iPhone than Apple is. But the app is awesome and tottaly worth it. You just speak a word and in seconds it gets you the definition. speak the name of a place and it will get you the nearest location and the phone number. Honestly it's 10X faster than typing it in. This App has earned itself a spot on my first page ;)

jeansteichen

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Google Mobile App

I just downloaded this app and it's frozen my phone.
Any other experiencing the same problems?

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
yes, I like this update so far, as well!
I know my english isn't all that perfect especially when I'm speaking...
but hey, google seems like take in consideration of my japanese accented english, it find what I said!

AWSOME! LOL