Google Voice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
So now that Google voice is up and running has anyone set it up? I can't get mine to work. I try to add a number and it tries to call me to verify and I have to input a 2 digit verification code that never works. Wondering if anyone has had any success with it.

Jul 10, 2007
I just set mine up.

After online phone number selection and entering my cell number, the automated service called me to verify and I entered the two digit number as instructed. The voice prompt stated I was activated and asked if I wanted to record a voicemail message. Simple as that.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
If you look on Gizmodo, there is an article talking about how they are going to be releasing a stand alone app for the iPhone to send calls and texts for Google Voice. It isn't out yet, but it should be coming soon.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I set up mine on Wednesday. I have to admit it. I really like it. Some of the features are very cool.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I want to know if the people that downloaded it BEFORE Apple pulled it from the 'shelves', does the application still work?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Are you referring to the new GV feature where you don't use a new number but only the voicemail? I haven't tried that because I use the full-featured GV with a new number and such.