Goophone ALREADY offering clone of iPhone 5C

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The great minds (ahem) at Hong Kong's Goophone are at it again, shamelessly copying, or trying to copy, Apple's products.

Their i5C, as they have chosen to name this abomination, features:
  • 4 inch screen, 960*540 pixel display
  • 1GB RAM + 4GB ROM
  • 1.2GHz dual-core 28nm MTK MT6572 processor
  • 5MP back camera + 2MP front camera
  • Android (for shame!) 4.2 OS
This site says this--thing-- is selling for $99.

Perhaps this should would have been more accurately called the "Poop-Phone."

Here's an image:

goophone-i5c_1.jpg

Don't ask me how the bee logo is related to "Goophone." Maybe because honey is gooey?

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I think it's also impressive that they can make an Android phone behave so much like iOS [video is halfway down the page]:

http://www.nowhereelse.fr/goophone-i5c-voici-clone-liphone-5c-88327/

Could someone explain to me how they get away with this? Apple payed ~$21M to Swiss Federal Railways just to use their clock design on iOS 6 on the iPad... And these SOBs at Goophone cloned the design of iOS 7 in its entirety, are running it on the Android platform, and are doing this without penalty?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I think it's also impressive that they can make an Android phone behave so much like iOS [video is halfway down the page]:

Could someone explain to me how they get away with this? Apple payed ~$21M to Swiss Federal Railways just to use their clock design on iOS 6 on the iPad... And these SOBs at Goophone cloned the design of iOS 7 in its entirety, are running it on the Android platform, and are doing this without penalty?

China and poor people in general find little if any benefit to following trademark, copyright and IP rules.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

iChic

Aug 27, 2013

This is exactly what I want to know too. How do all of these "clone" phones exist without penalties?

Sent using iPhone

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
That video is totally sped up. The real speed is most likely closer to molasses.

As far as why they are allowed to do this... who is going to go after them in Hong Kong? Nobody.

iChic

Aug 27, 2013
There is definitely a clone floating around our town. He was trading it on one of the barter sites. I talked to him a little bit about it even. He told me that he got it at one of the local phone resellers. Oh, it was an S4 though.

Sent using iPhone

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I have to say, i'd never get one but these counterfeiters are getting very sophisticated! Check out this teardown video