GoPhone - 999 hack

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
I bought my iPhone a week ago and I signed the contract. Today I decided to end it and switch to GoPhone Pick Your Plan. At the AT&T store they gave me a new SIM card to start from scratch, but when I try to fail the credit check on iTunes entering 999-99-9999 as the Social Security Number it doesn't actually fail! I get approved and it makes me sign a contract again. What am I doing wrong? I entered my same info as I entered when I signed the contract a week ago (same full name, address etc) but I only changed the SS number. Do I need to change something else?

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Do you keep clicking next? I had to go through a lot of contract screens and at the very end is when it actually processed the ssn and then failed. There's no way it would go through if the ssn was set to all 9's unless there is an issue of using the same computer you originally synced with iTunes.

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
My bad, I didn't click on the last SUBMIT, which was actually the one where AT&T was going to do the credit check. I thought that was the one for signing the contract... But I clicked it and it worked! Thanks for the support!

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
no problem! glad I could help. it was a little confusing.

My bad, I didn't click on the last SUBMIT, which was actually the one where AT&T was going to do the credit check. I thought that was the one for signing the contract... But I clicked it and it worked! Thanks for the support!

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
It's also good to remind everyone who wants to sign up for GoPhone with their iPhone that the only way to do it (at least from what I found out after 5 trips to the AT&T store on the same day :D) is by getting a brand new SIM card and do the activation through their personal iTunes (failing the credit check too, of course). At the store they were trying to do that for me, but that wasn't working, even though the managers there told me it would. They just don't know...

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
It's also good to remind everyone who wants to sign up for GoPhone with their iPhone that the only way to do it (at least from what I found out after 5 trips to the AT&T store on the same day :D) is by getting a brand new SIM card and do the activation through their personal iTunes (failing the credit check too, of course). At the store they were trying to do that for me, but that wasn't working, even though the managers there told me it would. They just don't know...
I have a question about this. I plan on getting an iPhone tomorrow and want to get the pay as I go option but don't have my desktop with my iTunes that has all my music/movies/shows etc by me (out of state atm) only my laptop that has iTunes but no media.

So I wouldn't be able to sync my iPhone to my dekstop after activating it through my laptop?

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
I have a question about this. I plan on getting an iPhone tomorrow and want to get the pay as I go option but don't have my desktop with my iTunes that has all my music/movies/shows etc by me (out of state atm) only my laptop that has iTunes but no media.

So I wouldn't be able to sync my iPhone to my dekstop after activating it through my laptop?
Yes when you go to sync it will see your Phone Number and serial and let you activate it then with your desktop ... it don't mater what computer you use to sign up . just remember you have to use iTunes to sign up for you go plan just fail the credit ck and sign up from the iTunes page you will get a phone number assigned to your sim, have fun enjoy it