GoPhone irritating messages gone!

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have my iPhone on the GoPhone plan. I am adverse to cell phone contracts so as soon as I found out I could get the iPhone without a contract I jumped at the opportunity.

Since day one AT&T has sent these irritating network messages every few minutes that say "The last transaction cost 0.00" whenever the iPhone would check for mail or any kind of network interaction even when I am not actively using the phone. You had to keep dismissing these messages just to use the phone. Sometimes if you have left the phone for a while these notices would pile up and you would sit there and tap the screen over and over dismissing the notices just to use the phone.

Well something happened yesterday and I did not receive any of these notices other than when I actually used the phone. I thought it was a fluke, but again this morning no notices to dismiss when I woke up, and none yet this morning. This is great.

As a side effect of not constantly having to dismiss these messages all day long my battery was awesome yesterday. Normally when I plug in at night I have used close to half the battery. Last night the battery hadn't hardly moved off of full. I had used the ipod for a couple of hours, checked my mail, stocks, weather through the day... Made a few phone calls.

Fingers crossed that this means AT&T has finally fixed these garbage 0.00 charge notices for data network.

Guy

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
wow that's really good to hear. Even though I do not have that plan I can remember a TON of complaints about those stupid texts you would get . Outside of these suspicious "bug" updates, this is the first real positive feedback on these updates. Maybe Apple IS listening after all. Please let them be listening!

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I am thinking this may have actually been an AT&T fix. So now I am wondering if any other GoPhone users have noticed the messages are gone.

Not a single bogus 0.00 dismiss screen today. It is quite nice, and like it should have been all along. I am a happy camper. I just hope they don't come back!

Guy

Jul 28, 2007
Happy Dance

I am thinking this may have actually been an AT&T fix. So now I am wondering if any other GoPhone users have noticed the messages are gone.

Not a single bogus 0.00 dismiss screen today. It is quite nice, and like it should have been all along. I am a happy camper. I just hope they don't come back!

Guy
Since I read your post I've been testing my phone. I too have not seen any prompts for data. Still get em for phone calls which I like but did not need them for the unlimited data. Thank you for the heads up.