Got an iPad 2. Need advice.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Unexpected, but my girlfriend thought I was both naughty and good last year and decided to award me with an iPad 2, 16 GIGS.

Give me advice of must haves. Best game, reeder, twitter client, whatever.
Thanks in advance and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I will try to keep you up to date with cool stuff but for sure check out the mutli touch features. I will get a list together. You will love the iPad. I didn't have one for the longest time because I thought it wasn't useful since I had an iPhone. Now I couldn't go without it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I will try to keep you up to date with cool stuff but for sure check out the mutli touch features. I will get a list together. You will love the iPad. I didn't have one for the longest time because I thought it wasn't useful since I had an iPhone. Now I couldn't go without it.
What I might not find as useful anymore is my MacBook, I still switch from the iPhone to the iPad all day.
I can finally read all the Italian books I want.
Thanks btw, I was going thought the app store and didn't want to start spending money without advice first.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
What I might not find as useful anymore is my MacBook, I still switch from the iPhone to the iPad all day.
I can finally read all the Italian books I want.
Thanks btw, I was going thought the app store and didn't want to start spending money without advice first.
yeah I have almost stopped using my laptop all together. I rarely use it at all.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I cafe app
App shopper
Craigslist
Skitch is a great iPad app for using a whiteboard feature on photos.
Photo editing on the iPad is great.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If any of you are into music ( synth ) there's a cool little app called filtatron. I had it on the iPhone but never really played with it. It's fun on the iPad.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Cool. hope they're helpful for you and hep you find some good apps. There are a lot of great free ones listed in that best of 2011 list, as well as plenty of paid ones.
Do you know any I can set up an inventory so I could both send my orders in by mail to the food company and keep track of everything? I'm tired of writing everything down by hand.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Do you know any I can set up an inventory so I could both send my orders in by mail to the food company and keep track of everything? I'm tired of writing everything down by hand.
FileMaker Go would be one that springs to mind, but even more so this one from Polar Bear Farms:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forms-by-pbf/id482996621?ls=1&mt=8&partnerID=30&siteID=*xgn4di8Ft4

Then again, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're after. Is it just a form you can use regularly, or that + a database, or something totally different?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
That plus a database so i can go and look what I mostly buy every week and keep track of cost.
That one is a database app too. So there's that one and FileMaker Go - or you could even try Numbers - Apple's spreadsheet app for just the DB side of it. Looks like Forms might be the easiest to work with though. I haven't used it though, so I'm just going by impression and the fact that Polar Bear Farms are good developers.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
That one is a database app too. So there's that one and FileMaker Go - or you could even try Numbers - Apple's spreadsheet app for just the DB side of it. Looks like Forms might be the easiest to work with though. I haven't used it though, so I'm just going by impression and the fact that Polar Bear Farms are good developers.
Thank you Patrick, I'll look them up later, I didn't even think of numbers.

I just want to be able to send my order in and keep track of everything instead of the way I do it now, old school, it's the age of the iPad, and I happen to have one, I wanna use it for both pleasure and work.
Thanks again.