Got iPhone replaced, do I need to re-register my UDID?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
My iPhone was acting up so I tried restoring it. That just made things worse so I took it to the Apple store today and they replaced it. Does that mean I need to register my UDID to upgrade to 3.0 even though I had it on my old iPhone?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I want to say yes you have to reregister because I believe iPhones have their own specific ID's linked to your account as your own UDID. Can anyone back me up on this? Or what you can do is run that UDID app again and see if it comes up with the same or a different UDID that you originally sent to the developer you're under.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I want to say yes you have to reregister because I believe iPhones have their own specific ID's linked to your account as your own UDID. Can anyone back me up on this? Or what you can do is run that UDID app again and see if it comes up with the same or a different UDID that you originally sent to the developer you're under.
Well the problem is I don't remember my old one, and I don't even remember who registered my UDID. I just remember it was someone on this forum and he did it for free.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Well the problem is I don't remember my old one, and I don't even remember who registered my UDID. I just remember it was someone on this forum and he did it for free.
You could get the UDID of this phone (if it is any different than the old) and if you get the not activated screen then it needs to be activated. But make sure to get the UDID before you update! Do you have the email of the person who activated you from when you sent your UDID to them?

There is a way on both macs and pc's to get the UDID from your phone(s) they aren't labeled if you have many phones, but it could at least help you tell the difference if there is one. I found them(links are below):
Windows XP or Vista

Mac

scastlet

Aug 21, 2009
help

can someone please regester my iPhone udid for me because i got a new iPhone and i can regester my new iPhones udid.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
You will have a different UDID...

...Are you asking if your UDID has to be registered for the 3.0 update? Then the answer is no. You will only need to register your UDID if you plan on using a beta...ie 3.1beta.