Got it last night! Have a quik ?

Disasterpiece

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Danville, California
Ok so i finally purchased my 16gb White iPhone 3G last night, and retired my old 2G.

While at the Apple store i was recommended a Incase rubber "glove" style case. It surrounds all the edges and back yet leaving the phone able to use daily while in the case, all the buttons are still operable and the cam lense is exsposed. Well i was told by a friend that this case could damage, and scratch the chrome that goes all the way around the phones edge? Is this true? Have you guys heard of the rubber case scratching the iPhone in any way?
Thanks for any help guys.

BTW these speeds are amazing!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The problem with the silicone/rubber cases is that any dirt or grit that gets inside it can get rubbed against the phone repeatedly, so the trick is to remove and clean your phone and the inside of the case regularly. Otherwise, your phone can get scratched. I think a search on "incase" here will yield results that describe this happening to some unfortunate users...

And welcome to EIC! Glad to hear you are enjoying your iPhone...

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It seems a lot of people are going to recommend an Invisible Shield. Apply that first and then put on a case. It would prevent any scratching beneath the case you choose to apply. Or just go naked!

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Every case has the potential to scratch your phone. This is usually caused by dirt or grit getting caught in between the inside of the case and the outside of the phone. Once caught the dirt will rub around. Just be sure to completely clean the phone and case every time you put it back on.

I avoid the hard plastic shells because there is no "give". They fit tight, are harder to remove than the rubber cases, and seem to transfer more shock to the phone if you drop it.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
My iSkin revo definitely caused scratching of the bezel like MacGirl describes. But since I never took the phone out of the case, I didn't consider it to be a big deal. The case offered amazing drop protection; that was what I was looking for at the time.

That said, my 3G is naked and I lovelovelove it.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Zagg.com
Instructions for application will come with, or you can find a video on the homepage of iCafe. Good luck!

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It will be. Your looking at an average time of 40-45 minutes from what I've heard. But still, it's protection! Always gotta have protection.

God, that joke does not get old.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
If you really don't want scratches, put it in the case.
Make sure your phone is clean and your case is free of grit that will scratch your phone.

I myself wouldn't mind naked so long as my pocket doesn't scratch it up.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Going naked at the moment, but just got my BodyGuardz the other day, similar to IS but heard the edges cover a little more. Not looking forward to the process but worth it in the end/.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i've had my silicone case since day one and like macgrl said.....all you gotta do i remove the case everynow and then to get whatever is caught up inside the case to remove it. No scratches so far(knock on wood).