Got my iPhone 3GS back. AT&T has just made me a very happy customer!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'm writing this from my new iPhone 3GS...on 3G. At last, I got my AT&T account activated. And for whatever reason, my activation today came without requiring the $750 deposit that they had insisted on before. Whether it was the planet's alignment, a secret favor by an anonymous sympathizer at the empire, or whether I'll be eating my words later and dealing with my own unique version of activation hell later... Today, I am a happy customer. So, whatever the reason, thank you AT&T, and thank you Apple for bringing me back to the dark side.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Don't ask, but... let's just say you owe me one. ;)

Glad the stars aligned for you, bro... enjoy it!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So you showered before heading to the AT&T store? Nice...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Nope, going out and getting the iPhone 3GS was top priority. Not that I was particularly bad smelling or anything. Just, ya know, needed to get the phone before somebody else did. :p

cheerio

Jun 17, 2009
let us know if things change, lol

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I find i'm having to get reacquainted with the fact that I can pull this out and use it anywhere I go. I parked the car and thought, "damn, should probably check my bank balance" and nearly went to dial the 866 number. Then I was like...oh, duh, 3G. I can just log onto the website!

I was very surprised when i went to sign up for a brand new contract they didn't charge me the 750 fee. I have little previous credit so i was like ahh sh** they are gonna make a years interest on my money lol. When they ran a credit check though the lady was like nope your fine, no deposit needed. I wonder if they run known family members cause my dad was with me and he has really good credit.