Got my iPhone front and back replaced with red.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
So I wanted to stand out a little more and I was at the mall that has a place that mods your iPhone and replaces the front glass and back. I went with red.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1369605769.691483.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1369605780.130267.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
They offered but I liked the black highlights. Makes it standout.

Sent using iCafe app
Side buttons are ok but the home button doesn't look good to me, but again, your phone, your choice, if it looks good to you, that's all that matters.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
That is nice. Wish Apple would just offer the iPhone in different colors, but I'm sure they won't...

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
First let me say the phone looks good. I wouldn't mind having a pink one. Will this cancel out the warranty with Apple? If so I hope you don't have any problems with your iPhone. If you still had your old front & back at least you could have had it switched back before taking it to the Apple store.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
First let me say the phone looks good. I wouldn't mind having a pink one. Will this cancel out the warranty with Apple? If so I hope you don't have any problems with your iPhone. If you still had your old front & back at least you could have had it switched back before taking it to the Apple store.
Sent using iCafe app
They're mentioned having trade in the front screen. And I can be 99% sure this does void the warranty as its not an OEM replacement. Ahh the price you pay for customization ;)

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
They're mentioned having trade in the front screen. And I can be 99% sure this does void the warranty as its not an OEM replacement. Ahh the price you pay for customization ;)
Voiding the warranty was something I didn't even think about. Hope nothing bad happens to your phone. To the OP, why did you have to trade in your screen? Do they just color traded in OEM screens?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Voiding the warranty was something I didn't even think about. Hope nothing bad happens to your phone. To the OP, why did you have to trade in your screen? Do they just color traded in OEM screens?
It does void the warranty, however, they offer a 90 day defect guarantee. I also bought the phone at launch and didn't purchase AppleCare so I was comfortable with it. I also watched the guy work on it so I wasn't sending it off. You didn't have to trade in your screen they just give you money off the total price. They also fix broken screens so I assume the trade ins might be used for that? The screen was brand new so they don't color them. The company is icolor workshop if you look on Facebook. They have a few stores.

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
It does void the warranty, however, they offer a 90 day defect guarantee. I also bought the phone at launch and didn't purchase AppleCare so I was comfortable with it. I also watched the guy work on it so I wasn't sending it off. You didn't have to trade in your screen they just give you money off the total price. They also fix broken screens so I assume the trade ins might be used for that? The screen was brand new so they don't color them. The company is icolor workshop if you look on Facebook. They have a few stores.

Sent using iCafe app
Ahh, this makes sense. Thanks for the info!

xxedgyxx

Sep 13, 2012
Nice! Just checked out their facebook pagebut they don't have a store in the bay area yet. Wouldve loved to get mine done.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
The phone looks great with the buttons left black as accents. A little expensive for my tastes but like Liberated said if you are happy with it that is all that matters. Enjoy!