Got my iPhone yesterday.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I just got my iPhone yesterday and its a great phone. However I got a problem with my texting.

Sometimes, the texting key input lags so much, if I were to type a word, each letter would pop up like 3 seconds later for each letter. Also, a few of my Verizon friends were getting my text messages about 30 minutes after I sent it, and I received their texts a while after they sent it too.

Anybody else have this problem?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Its fairly common.
Most users will find that to fix it, they should update their phone.
To do so:
back up your phone and restore it. It will automatically update your phones firmware. It should help a little. Hopefully this issue will be resolved in 2.1

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I just got my iPhone yesterday and its a great phone. However I got a problem with my texting.

Sometimes, the texting key input lags so much, if I were to type a word, each letter would pop up like 3 seconds later for each letter. Also, a few of my Verizon friends were getting my text messages about 30 minutes after I sent it, and I received their texts a while after they sent it too.

Anybody else have this problem?
I am assuming you have the new 3G phone. If so, you have the latest firmware. The update to fix these issues(hopefully) should be out soon. At least everyone hopes so.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
2.0 is still quite a bit buggy and SMS is one of the applications that got hit the hardest. Just as dturner said, hopefully Apple will be releasing a firmware update soon to fix the issues.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah mine's the new 3G iPhone (16GB black) with the latest firmware.

The bugs are annoying but still bearable.. hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

The Apps make this a really amazing phone :D