got my replacement iPhone today!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
muahahahahaah i feel like god to Apple, inc. right now - i sat on hold after being transferred like 5 times and the lady i spoke with said she would reverse the charge this time in light of the error made with the replacement bill.

she then proceeded to make it clear that accidental damage is NOT covered by the standard warranty. which i thought DUH thats not the issue that is at hand here!

o well. my situation was resolved as per how it should have been, given Apple's choice to claim they are taking the hit, and then billing me.

Natalie was her name, said the charge reversal should post on my account within the next 2 businesss days :)
Maaannn, you got LUCKY, dude. lol
You know darn well you shoulda been payin' for that repair in the first place. They just made a typo, and you jumped up on it. lol

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
Maaannn, you got LUCKY, dude. lol
You know darn well you shoulda been payin' for that repair in the first place. They just made a typo, and you jumped up on it. lol
you know what you are right - but this is the EXACT same thing any company would have done to any of their mainstream consumers.

it was Apple's mistake and i called them on it. simple as that. if they would have denied me a refund on the service i would have gone to my bank to dispute the charge first, and then onto the BBB to file a claim.

what it really comes down to is the fact that Apple issued the repair bill on official Apple letterhead (with a barcoded number ID) with my replacement, retaining me the option of claiming it against any charges that Apple makes. it was a mistake on Apples part, and like trippal said, i was very lucky to have received such an erroneous repair sheet. :)