Got the iPhone but . . .

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iCheez

Sep 4, 2007
I finally took the plunge and came home with a new iPhone and loving it so far.

My only problems have been after I dock the phone and start a sync. After about 2-3 min. an alert pops up and says it can't find the iPhone. After the alert the phone says it's still syncing. I have to undock and redock for it to recognize it again. But after 2-3 min. it happens all over again. I'm using a older G4 with USB 1.0, but it worked fine with activation.

The other thing is for some reason, it won't see any of my pop email accounts I try to set up. I thought I saw someone have the same problem, but couldn't find it in the search.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

iCheez

Sep 4, 2007
Well, I got the mail to work which I have no idea how as I did the samething as I did before.

No takers on the disconnect issue?

Anybody . . . Bueller . . .anybody?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I got the mail to work which I have no idea how as I did the samething as I did before.

No takers on the disconnect issue?

Anybody . . . Bueller . . .anybody?
Bad connection? How about plugging in the phone directly without the dock?

iCheez

Sep 4, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I will check out the connection and try direct. I know it says usb 2.0, but I've found numerous cases where it works fine, just slow.

Looks like I'll have to up the date on the MacBook Pro! :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I finally took the plunge and came home with a new iPhone and loving it so far.

My only problems have been after I dock the phone and start a sync. After about 2-3 min. an alert pops up and says it can't find the iPhone. After the alert the phone says it's still syncing. I have to undock and redock for it to recognize it again. But after 2-3 min. it happens all over again. I'm using a older G4 with USB 1.0, but it worked fine with activation.

The other thing is for some reason, it won't see any of my pop email accounts I try to set up. I thought I saw someone have the same problem, but couldn't find it in the search.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Congratz!:laugh2: