Gotta Love Manics Like This...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
From the Pre forum:

kiwicarlos741:
Um good luck with that piece of garbage iPhone because the glass screen that's engulfed in plastic will be just as ad for that if not worse. iPhones glass screens are more prone to scratches. So have fun with you're POS Apple iphine

Gathomblipoob (me):
Kiwi, I have to disagree with you here.

I've owned all three generations of iPhone, not used a screen protector, and had one almost invisible scratch on my v1 iPhone. The other two are spotless.

kiwicarlos 471:
Disagree with me but I've ownd three diff iPhone 3g and all my friends seem to have phantom skins plus prtoector and its WORSE than the pre. I haven't seen anything on the pre yet, so unless you wear your 3d glasses everywhere what's the problem if you can't see the scratches. The ipod however not only is it prone to scratching cause it has a plastic encasing around the glass screen, but its also prone to completely shattering which I've seen MORE ppl complan about that than the pre. Don't try and tell me otherwise cause I've been a sprint customer for over 12 years and work for AT&T now for three years. I go through more phone a day than you've owmed so beat that. iPhone goes through more screen insurance cases than the pre does. Disagree all you want but in the end the facts don't lie and cause of your neg expiernce it doesn't cancel all the people who have had a crap load of iPhone screen problems. Nice attempt tho.

Gathomblipoob (me):
Wow. Way to keep a little perspective on the issue.

There are bound to be more reported issues with iPhone screen scratches because of the much larger installed user base. I don't understand this irrational attitude you have about the iPhone. Both phones are good. The Pre is a very good smartphone. Enjoy it.

flash8o:
Step back and take a deep breath.....It will be ok...

kiwicarlos471:
I'm just saying from first hand experience, iPhone has more insurance claims because of screens than pre does and if you really want I'll b more than happy to get thw statistics on it, thereforee making iPhone more prone to scratches and shattering which the pres screen cannotbbe shattered in the same way due to the fact that there's no glass compostion

Gathomblipoob (me):
Kiwi,

Please get me the statistics on screen scratches. Make sure they reflect the relative number of iPhone users to Pre users and time that each phone has been available.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yikes. You gotta love people who want their arguments to sound powerful and conclusive, but are also clearly borderline illiterate.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
The other thing that's brilliant about this is that it just reminds of all those threads where someone says "I talked to someone at AT&T and they told me that ..." to lend credence to whichever hot rumor is flying about at the time.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
So, wait.. He works for AT&T and mentions iPhone screen insurance cases... AT&T doesn't offer insurance for the iPhone. Am I missing something?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I've never used a screen protector on my iPhone 3g and its been fine. I put it in my pocket all the time with keys, quarters etc, i have no scratches (its also cased with an incase slider).

That kiwi guy clearly just hates the iPhone for the sake of hating it. Regardless of if one screen is glass and the other is a plastic they both have their pro's and cons. Glass always breaks when dropped. Plastic will scratch easier than glass.

Gotta love them "anti-fanboys"

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Little Knowledge, bad grammar, claims he's a parent of a 3yr old (we think he's 3yrs old, bought the iPhone but claims is having financial problems, bought the iPhone but said wanted it for the ipod functions, bashes the device claims Nokia's offerings are better thread. Start from page 1, its quite interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: