Gotta tip my hat to iDiscrete

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chazm, Jul 22, 2010.

1. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I have no affiliation to these people but they made an amazing app. I have a lot of ex girlfriend nude pics and vids on email and my computer but it always sucked that I couldn't keep it on my phone camera roll.

If a girl friend or parent saw them it prob. wouldn't be cool. So I was comparing apps to hide my pics. One was pretty good, allowing you to set a password and a fake password to take you to generic pics but as I read the reviews of iDiscrete I knew I had to try it out.

With this app, when you open it, it takes you to a loading screen. At that time you enter a touch sequence and if it's not entered in your specified time and order it takes you to a notes section. So, basically no one ever knows that a password was needed.

Ingenius!

2. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Pics or FAIL!

And of the ex's, not the app;)

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's really clever, although I don't totally trust the security of this application I've still used it from time to time.

It wasn't for snaggy pictures either :)

4. fedexgnd

fedexgnd Member
    Bronze

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

From the iTunes page: "NOTE: ROLL SWAP IS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IOS4. WE HAVE SUBMITTED AN UPDATE TO APPLE SOME TIME AGO AND WAITING FOR APPROVAL. UNTIL THEN YOU SHOULD REFRAIN FROM UPDATING YOUR DEVICE TO IOS4."

What if your device is iOS4 out of the box? Are you running iOS4?

6. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

7. stubby5000

stubby5000 New Member

Hey guys, I'm the developer of iDiscrete, and found this thread via my "iDiscrete" daily Google alert. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the app! What would you change/add if you could?
    Thanks,
    Chris

8. jaysire

jaysire New Member

I realize I'm asking for a lot, but what would really be neat is an ipad version that does the "peak into albums by pinch zooming" and pinches / pans pictures as well as the stock photo app. I use "photo sort" for this and while it's the best app for this that I've found, the pinch zooming and panning is horrible.

9. stubby5000

stubby5000 New Member

We could look into that... We are definitely working on an iPad optimized version, that should hopefully be out fairly soon, so maybe we can add that feature to that version...
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Chris

10. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Chris, Another thing...

I like to use it for work documents, and with demo'ing my iPhone 4 a lot lately I don't like just handing it over to someone. Usually XLS and PDF. I generally have a whole folder of files related to a given project. I was using GoodReader, and that allowed me to select more than one file, when loading from iTunes. Sometimes there may be MANY files I need to load. So due to the one-file-at-time limitation I really have not been able to use iDescrite much.

Can that be added? I would take it even via iTunes.

11. stubby5000

stubby5000 New Member

Absolutely. The current one-at-a-time file uploading procedure is one of our most frequent user complaints, and it will be addressed in iDiscrete version 2.0. We intent on modifying the browser uploader UI to allow multiple files, as well as support for adding content via iTunes. Please see below our "prepared" remarks on version 2.0:

We are hard at work developing and coding iDiscrete 2.0. This new version will see a number of significant new features and bug fixes, but we have two primary goals for this release:
    1) iOS 4.0 and iPhone 4 optimization. Rewriting iDiscrete to fully take advantage of the new software/hardware has proven to be the most time consuming. The noticeable upgrades in this department will be increased resolution allowances (image and video) and fast app switching.
    2) Our most frequent user complaint has been the inability to upload more than one file at once. Thus, we have made fixing this a priority. We will likely offer more than one way to do this, but the most elegant will be the ability to mount the iPhone as a network drive on both Windows and Mac machines. This will allow the user to move content into iDiscrete as easily as onto any other hard drive.

12. lgp927

lgp927 Member
    Bronze

I would really like to see an easier to way to transfer pictures , its a pain to upload pics to my album and then click on every picture to transfer then to it. or am I missing something?

13. stubby5000

stubby5000 New Member

If you turn on "Multiple Selection" under Settings, it will allow you to select more than one image to transfer from your Camera Roll into iDiscrete at once. However, you can only upload files one at a time through your web browser. We're working on changing that for version 2.0...

14. Uniqueadventures

Uniqueadventures New Member

I haven't used the app yet but it sounds great! I'll be adding it soon. My suggestion for features to add would be: hide texts and emails, automatically file messages from specified numbers or addresses in a hidden folder.
    There is an app on windows mobile that does this brilliantly.
    I have spoken to loads of people that would literally pay top dollar for this functionality. I have also noticed dozens of people requesting this on other forums when searching for it myself. If it was priced reasonably I'm sure it would be a rip roaring success! But I would still pay top dollar for this.

15. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I won't speak for Chris but I am thinking that iDiscrete is not made for what you are mentioning. Moreover I think what you are asking for is beyond the realm of an iTunes App Store application. There are already apps that do what you are asking, but they are jailbreak only apps.

Michael

16. omino

omino New Member

Let me start by saying I love this program. It seems to work great. But only one issue........ I forgot my password sequence. I don't want to delete and reinstall because there are things I cant get back if I do that. Please tell me there is another way. :eek:)

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you're not jailbroken you're out of luck.

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I missed this thread in 2010, but LOL'ed upon reading the OP today.

19. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

iDiscrete seems like was once a nice app. It may still be for the iPhone 4/4s. It's not optimized for iP5 and has the distinct look of iOS 6. No update since November 23, 2011.
    O_o