GPS for iPhone by Navizon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skipere

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
check your installer folks , there is a new Apps in town for GPS .
sign-up with Navizon and see how it working for you . it did not work too well for me . they still need a better version .
good luck

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Been there done that, it came out about a week ago.

It's been redubbed "NaviGone" because it works best when you uninstall it.

skipere

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
wow , here I thought this is something new. Hope they find tune it . The concept sound pretty good .
Been there done that, it came out about a week ago.

It's been redubbed "NaviGone" because it works best when you uninstall it.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Work perfectly
Just once it freezed one iPhone I had to let the iPhone discharge before beeing able to use it again ( since I din't want to do a restore)

Pretty accurate within a block or right on target most of the time
In los angeles

You need to have wifi even if you are not connect like when you travel in city
it use wifi signal and cell tower signal the triangulate the position
It's not really a GPS it's more like an indirect GPS locator

rgs3

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
NAVIGONE! I honestly cannot believe that this works at all...out of all my friends with iPhones not 1 persons worked.

runcmd

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
Rabun Gap, GA
Pretty accurate where available

App works as expected. Nice feature 'get directions from here' ... The hardest part of using google map directions - is when I'm traveling, it's hard to know where 'here' is. If this works in major cities - then I'm sold on it. It's a bearable alternative until Apple comes out with a GPS enabled version. Surely someone can come out with a bluetooth GPS and a nice iPhone hack that takes advantage of all that free information beaming down from the skies.

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
froze my phone when i tried installing it and gave me a mini heart attack so im staying away from it ... who needs navizon when u got google maps lolz

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
froze my phone when i tried installing it and gave me a mini heart attack so im staying away from it ... who needs navizon when u got google maps lolz
how do you know where you at when you are lost ?
no google map
all the one that complain it's not working
Try to turn wifi on

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I've had it on for less then a week maybe and after trying maybe 50 times or so it DID work once. When it did it was SLICK! But 99% of the time its "unable to locate" me. Too bad because it would be sweet if it worked.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This app didn't work at all for me--on either EDGE or WiFi or both--while I was away on businesss in Texas. I tried it here at home in AZ via WiFi and it "worked" but "pinpointed" my location in the desert next to a city that is 45 miles away. It merely traced my public IP address, and that is hardly reliable.

This is a waste of time, IMO. Even if it happens to work for a few people it's probably just luck. No way is that an indicator of how it might work in other places.

For the iPhone as it is today, I'd say the best locater service is e911. This isn't as good as an onboard GPS but at least is based on the location of the iPhone itself. But AT&T would have to open this up for commercial use, and I doubt that is going to happen.

The best hope that we have, IMO, is for the iPhone's Bluetooth to get updated to support Bluetooth GPS. A Bluetooth puck receiver can be had for around $50 and I for one wouldn't mind using that if the option was available.

--
Mike