GPS no longer functions on iPhone 6 AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Booyow1204, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Not sure if it's a network issue or failure of the phone itself but for the past few weeks I have no GPS functioning on my phone. I'm on the latest software update and carrier settings. I have tried the stock Apple maps, and multiple apps and the same thing happens......locating........ If I'm using the Internet location based searches still works. Any ideas, anyone aware of a recent outage that might be the issue? ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1466411317.129931.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1466411328.958548.jpg

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have a VPN enabled or Private Browsing? If so, disable them and retest. If not, try resetting your network settings.

3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

So I don't have any VPN enabled and neither is private browsing. I tried resetting my network settings and the only thing it did is have my phone forget WiFi passwords and networks. GPS issue was unchanged.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Can your phone be found via Find My iPhone?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Are you getting weather on the stock weather app?

6. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

So I was able to confirm stock weather updates for my area, as well as logged into my iCloud from my Mac and found my phone in my current location as well. Seems like no changes in the other departments besides the GPS.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Disable and reenable location services and do a hard reset. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to restore. If it doesn't work after restoring and applying your backup, you'll need to restore to factory settings. If it still doesn't work after restoring to factory settings, it may be a hardware problem.

8. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I got it resolved. Took it to the Apple Store got a replacement device and now I'm all set. I had a screen issue as well and got a replacement device. Wasn't able to try out all the options for the GPS but it ended up working out in the end.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Was the screen issue on the same handset as the GPS issue (one device replacement solved both issues)? Or did you have the first handset (with the GPS issue) replaced, then got a replacement device which had a screen issue, then got a second replacement device with no issues?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It sounds like it was the same device. Usage of the words as well and the omission of the word another led me to this conclusion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List