GPS not working?

Jun 28, 2007
The past few days my GPS has stopped working. I used to get that little flashing blue dot to pinpoint my location, but now I just get that blue circle that shows an estimation of where I am.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know what's going on. I can't get it to work anywhere (work, home, etc.). Maybe the antenna is bad.

Guess I'll have to make a visit to the Apple store.:(

toyotaisme

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
so cal
make sure you have it turned on.

go to Settings- General - Location Services and make sure it turned on.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
Also you can go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location Warnings.

You will need to do this if you have answered "don't allow" more then 3 times on any app and want the app to now use location services.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
The only sure way to know it doesn't work is if you go outside and then let it try to find you. If it still doesn't find you with a clear path to the satellite, then you may indeed have a problem.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've actually noticed a few issues with the GPS. It will locate me most places I am however it never pinpoints my location up in Gainesville where I go to school. I get nothing more than the blue circle with an estimation of my location. However if I drive just north or south and try it the GPS locates me.

I have just chalked it up that it can't locate me while I'm in Gainesville.

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
I've been having some issues with the gps myself too before it used to locate me right away and now it takes more than 5 minutes to find me even in places where before it used to find me right away :(