GPS slow to respond and lock location

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Lately(2-3 months) I've been having serious issues with the GPS on my phone. It is EXTREMELY slow to repond, and by extremely slow I mean it takes 8-10 minutes to lock onto a location.

Even after it locks onto a location, it's usually 1-3 miles off. What the **** is going on? When I got my phone it worked flawlessly. Now it is completely useless. I have tried restarting it, I'm considering trying to restore it from a backup, but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
I had the same problem with one of my 3g's.. same exact situation.. took it back to AT&T because it was only a few days old, then they sent me to Apple, who swapped it out no hassle.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Well mine is a little more than a few days old. I got it about a month after it came out.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I'll have to do that tomorrow.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I had the same issues with GPS for months and finally had enough. They exchanged it with no problem. The only issue they had where all the cracks, but they let it go. I've had it since it came out and it started cracking then (white iPhone3g) and ended up with cracks all over it. Also, I had a lot of issues with NO SERVICE and SEARCHING with signal and those issues are no longer present.

PS
Updates didn't fix any of those issues.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Lately(2-3 months) I've been having serious issues with the GPS on my phone. It is EXTREMELY slow to repond, and by extremely slow I mean it takes 8-10 minutes to lock onto a location.

Even after it locks onto a location, it's usually 1-3 miles off. What the **** is going on? When I got my phone it worked flawlessly. Now it is completely useless. I have tried restarting it, I'm considering trying to restore it from a backup, but I don't want to if I don't have to.
I have had the same issue with both my 3G iPhones. I do not live near an Apple store and sending it in for a replacement was a hassle I never want to relive, so I will just do without an accurate GPS until the new phone comes out. Hope it has a better chip than the 3G. This is the only problem I have with my phone at this time

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Well, I took it in, and they didn't give me any issues what-so-ever with it. They replaced it, and were even kind enough to give me white, instead of the black I originally had.

Mrjonathan

Apr 4, 2009
I had GPS problems too.
I took it to the Apple store when I was on a trip.
They would not replace the unit unless I restored it at home, otherwise I would have lost all my info - not good on a trip.
Then I had to take it back when I got home. They gave me a new one no hassle, but would not change the color.
Works fine now, but I wish it did not take me a week to get it straightened out.