Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
thats weird, mine is spot on!. its better than my MIO in car gps actually

Bendotson

Jun 14, 2009
"GPS does'nt work" is what you mean

I have had a total of 4 iPhones so far, two 3G and 2 3GS, and only one of the GPS's has worked properly. My first two 3G's, one for me and one for my wife, would always take a long time to get a GPS signal, you know the blinking blue dot, not the large circle. I didn't realize until I got my first 3GS how well the GPS is supposed to work. It would get an accurate signal within 10 seconds and track you accurately, even indoors. Never, I mean never, losing the signal and going back to triangulation. Unfortunately I dropped it face down and shattered the glass and had to pay $199 for a refurb. Now this 3GS is even worse than the 3G's. About 1 out of 5 times I get past the triangulation and actually get a real signal but when I do it only lasts for about a minute then goes back to triangulation. I just completed a road trip from Tulsa, OK to Iowa and this occurred all along the trip. I think a large percentage of iPhones have GPS modules that don't work and most people just don't use the feature enough to bring light to the issue. Take your phone back and make them give you a new one. I am and I will continue to do so until I get a phone with which all of the features work. WTF Apple?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I'm on a V1 phone still so my only option is triangulation and I always see a blue dot, so you can't take that as a sign it's not using it. By the way my triangulation is almost spot on ;)

Bendotson

Jun 14, 2009
Maybe I should elaborate and state that I KNOW it is not using the GPS because my triangulation would show me in Kansas City while I was 100 miles north. I'm glad to here that your phone works well.

Jun 19, 2009
I have had a total of 4 iPhones so far, two 3G and 2 3GS, and only one of the GPS's has worked properly. My first two 3G's, one for me and one for my wife, would always take a long time to get a GPS signal, you know the blinking blue dot, not the large circle. I didn't realize until I got my first 3GS how well the GPS is supposed to work. It would get an accurate signal within 10 seconds and track you accurately, even indoors. Never, I mean never, losing the signal and going back to triangulation. Unfortunately I dropped it face down and shattered the glass and had to pay $199 for a refurb. Now this 3GS is even worse than the 3G's. About 1 out of 5 times I get past the triangulation and actually get a real signal but when I do it only lasts for about a minute then goes back to triangulation. I just completed a road trip from Tulsa, OK to Iowa and this occurred all along the trip. I think a large percentage of iPhones have GPS modules that don't work and most people just don't use the feature enough to bring light to the issue. Take your phone back and make them give you a new one. I am and I will continue to do so until I get a phone with which all of the features work. WTF Apple?
Good info... I posted in the 3GS thread "my 3GS GPS Sucks"... because I feel that mine is very weak. I am thinking of having it replaced to see if that solves my problem. My neighbor just got two 3GS's, so I will see if theirs works better in a GPS show down. If they are all weak, I will assume its the way it is... if mine is the runt of the group... back it goes.