Grand Central Becomes: Google Voice (Great New Features)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Greetings Forum Members,
Grand Central has now become Google Voice. Google Voice includes several new features. The one that I really like is the new Web Widget. You can put a call me widget on your website that does not reveal your telephone number (Great way to keep all the Internet lunatics from calling your businesss line). Google has greatly streamlined the entire Google Voice application. By the way, for all of you call tone lovers. They no longer exist in Google Voice:(. You can read all about it at this hyperlink: Google Voice. Enjoy, Mark

BTW: Sadly open enrollment is not open to anyone other than current (like myself) Grand Central users. However you can request an invite at the above hyperlinks. Hurry and request an invite if you would like to use Google Voice. The invite process is first come first serve.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It does look good - have read a few things about it over recent days. What are the rates like now? Is it free VOIP calls in US and low rates for rest of world, or how's it go?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
The invite isn't really an invite. They simply email you when they are available to everyone else, unfortunately. I'd really like to get a google voice account.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
The invite isn't really an invite. They simply email you when they are available to everyone else, unfortunately. I'd really like to get a google voice account.
If you sign up for the invite. You will get an email from Google in the near future that allows you to create an account. And no that is not when it is open to everyone else. Google only let's so many people in at a time but you have to be invited and it's first come first serve. Mark