'Grand Theft Auto' Franchise Coming to iPhone

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
'Grand Theft Auto' Franchise Coming to iPhone

TouchArcade.com reports that Rockstar games has announced they are bringing Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars to the iPhone and iPod Touch platform this fall.

"Chinatown Wars is a perfect match for the iPhone and iPod touch," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited to bring this incredibly ambitious version of Liberty City, with this level of detail and immersive gameplay on Apple's new gaming platforms."

GTA Chinatown Wars is a mobile version of the popular franchise which first appeared on the Nintendo DS platform. It has since been announced for the PSP and now the iPhone and iPod Touch. The DS version of the game has been very well received.

MacRumors.com

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
GTA is the only game I've ever really liked. Vice City FTW. I almost finished it. That was back before I had a PS3, I was using a PC and keyboard, it probably would have been easier with a game controller. I got stuck at the part where you had to move 3 bombs with a helicopter, never could get the 3rd one in time.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I agree ... Vice City FTW. That would've been difficult to play on a pc.

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
As much as I love GTA, having it on the iPhone does not excite me. To me the iPhone is still a phone that you can play games on, rather than a game system. I say this because the iPhone lacks the physical buttons for one to engage in great gaming. Tilting the screen or having virtual buttons on the screen is not very game friendly.

Jun 30, 2009
I am a great fan of GTA. I have not still played it in my iPhone but sure going to play very soon. Feeling so excited to see my favourite game in my fav toy.