Grand Theft Auto V

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm haven't gotten into a video game since GTA Vice City. GTA V looks pretty impressive, so I think I'll end up buying it when it comes out in the spring. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Official Trailer #2:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Looks good! I also love Vice City. I can't wait for the iOS version to be released.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Looks pretty good. I've always been a fan of GTA, especially GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, I've finished all three like fifteen times. The only problem is that my Xbox died and I cannot afford a new console, and of course I will not be able to play the game on my MacBook Pro or Sony Vaio since they both have crappy specifications. Perhaps I'll wait for an iOS or Android version to come out in order to play it. lol

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I haven't played any of the GTA games but I might check this one out. Any game featuring a Mac in its official trailer is OK in my book. :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Oh you've definitely been missing out, Kadelic. GTA is one of the best series of games ever released. There are some great and some horrible versions but all in all it's very fun to play. I prefer playing GTA on consoles, though, because the keyboard and mouse just don't do it justice in my honest opinion.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I haven't played any of the GTA games but I might check this one out. Any game featuring a Mac in its official trailer is OK in my book. :)
And iPhones in their ads. (y)

actual_1351545051.jpg

i.jpg

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I still need to finish skyrim, I'm savoring that one. But I love the GTA series, even thou I mostly shoot at innocent bystanders and stealing cars.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I still need to finish skyrim, I'm savoring that one. But I love the GTA series, even thou I mostly shoot at innocent bystanders and stealing cars.
Yeah, I think I remember you saying you were doing every single Skyrim side mission so you wouldn't miss anything. What's your percentage completed?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I cannot wait to get my hands on a new console, but I still haven't decided if it's going to be a PS3 or an Xbox 360. I already have the money, just need to decide first. It's either a slim PS3 (250GB or higher) or a Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect bundle. I am not sure if Kinect is worth it, to be honest, and I don't know a place where I can try it except my friend's house and I am not too keen on going there to try Kinect!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah, I think I remember you saying you were doing every single Skyrim side mission so you wouldn't miss anything. What's your percentage completed?
Gotta be honest I don't remember, after April I haven't played it once, I haven't been able to get back to that playing mood. But I still love it and in order to enjoy the full game you have to do the side missions. I'm probably still gonna get GTA thou, it's my favorite game series.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Gotta be honest I don't remember, after April I haven't played it once, I haven't been able to get back to that playing mood. But I still love it and in order to enjoy the full game you have to do the side missions. I'm probably still gonna get GTA thou, it's my favorite game series.
Mine too. Have you played Vice City on iOS? I can't drive as fast as I could on my PC back in '03 since vehicle control is a little more difficult, but it's still pretty fun.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Sent using iCafe app
So do I (need to finish Skyrim). I just started Return to Castle Wolfenstein again. I like to play through this 2002 FPS every couple of years or so.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Mine too. Have you played Vice City on iOS? I can't drive as fast as I could on my PC back in '03 since vehicle control is a little more difficult, but it's still pretty fun.
I played "gangsta" I think was called by gameloft and that was pretty close to vice city, but never finished it. Now that I got an Apple TV I might look into a racing game or anything cool that I can use on AirPlay.

Sent using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
So do I (need to finish Skyrim). I just started Return to Castle Wolfenstein again. I like to play through this 2002 FPS every couple of years or so.
I think it's better than playing it again, although I get the urge to start skyrim from the beginning when I think of playing, the game is just epic.

Sent using iCafe app

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Have you watched the latest trailer that shows everything about the game including online gameplay, the three characters, how you switch between them, how their lives affect each other and such? It looks like it's definitely going to be the game of the year, it's just that awesome.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you watched the latest trailer that shows everything about the game including online gameplay, the three characters, how you switch between them, how their lives affect each other and such? It looks like it's definitely going to be the game of the year, it's just that awesome.
Yeah, that trailer made me want it even more! It seems to be the most anticipated game this year. Looks like the release day was delayed until September 17th. I'll be getting it for PS3. How about you?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I will be getting it for both the PS3 as well as the Xbox. My PS3 got banned for insulting people on Call of Duty so I am using the Xbox for online gaming. Haha!

,,,. My PS3 got banned for insulting people on Call of Duty ...
The PS3 did that? It had nothing to do with the user playing the game eh? :sneaky: Kinda like the news reports saying 'The car went out of control'. Oh, right, I remember that happened to you too! :LOL: