Grandfathered AT&T plan to new line?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by rollinfromhell, Sep 15, 2013.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

It's the same account, just a new line. Is this possible to keep my current data plan and transfer it to said new line?

Or is it even worth it anymore to keep the unlimited and just go to 3gbs on the new line?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

In my case, AT&T saw that I have been a customer with them for a very long time, so they allowed me to create a new line with the grandfathered unlimited data plan. It should not be a problem in your situation either I wouldn't think, but different stores I'm sure have different ways of doing things.

Sent using iCafe app

3. rollinfromhell

Gold

Okay, they basically said I can do it with another line but I would have to do a line swap with the new line to my current one, to basically alter my upgrade status. I would then activate my phone after I call AT&T and switch the new lines upgrade to my current phone. Then the line would be suspended (which is fine for 9.99 a month). Is that what they did for you?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's sort of how I did it. To stay on the grandfathered unlimited plan, I used my mother's upgrade years ago in order to get the iPhone. I then had to call AT&T in order to switch the phone numbers.

Sent using iCafe app