Great battery life on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by dmksaved, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dmksaved

dmksaved Member
    Bronze

I can not get my iPhone to go down under 10% since i got it June 23th.
    I have had to almost 10 when using iMovie for a couple hours editing . But that is it . I think we all Need to say good job to Apple for the battery life . It is great!

2. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I agree good job on battery life. I'm sure iMovie can kill it quick.
    But in all seriousness you CAN bring your battery below 10% if you wanted to correct? If not then you have a problem....

3. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Easily the best mobile battery on the market right now. By far.

4. Divyesh

Divyesh New Member

It's so much better than my Ipod touchs, serously, my Ipod runs out after like 4 hours of use. Not only that but it gets really hot.

5. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I think we can also thank the A4 system on a chip as well as the new OS for these battery improvements. The iPhone 4 seems to barely use any juice at all when idle. That's great programming there.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I haven't done an empirical test on the battery, but in daily use I notice that it lasts quite a bit longer than the battery on my 3GS. I'm very happy with the iPhone 4's battery life.

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I would venture to guess I'm averaging ~1.5 hours more usage per charge.

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Easy to save battery life when you can't make calls!

Ho ho ho

Just a joke, by the way.

9. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Well, I never did really talk to people on my iPhone, so that factor is unchanged. :)

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's a phone, too?!

11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, there's an app for that.

12. Proof2006

Proof2006 New Member

The battery is good I agree, but the best? No way, my 9700 can last for days. Just saying not bashing.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

13. jamesheorney

jamesheorney New Member

I have heard about it. But I can not still get original battery as well. I hope that You will get it as soon as far. I will plan to get the battery through the ebay. I am sure that I will find epic quality there.

14. xman

xman Member
    Bronze

My iPhone 4 battery is soo much better than my 3G but I am using it from 4am till about 9 pm daily almost nonstop. By about 5 pm each day I am down to about 10%. Need to plug in to make it to 9.

This weekend I purchased an pflip dock and battery combo from att. It actually is for the 3G and 3GS but works quite well with the iPhone 4. Gives me 2000 mah mobile charge and a neat stand to use my iPhone standing up on a desk.

Talked to the manufacturer DEXIM and they will have one for the iPhone 4 in October but instead of $50 it is supposed to be $80.

15. Fulc_

Fulc_ New Member

I'm getting the exogear battery case. Should double my battery life.

16. eugchen23

eugchen23 Member
    Bronze

CAN ANYone help me with my situation? my wife has a one week old iPhone 4....no problems with battery life the first 4 days. the past two nights, its drained considerably during the night when we are asleep. from about 75% down to 10%--overnight! during those nights, my iPhone 4 went from 75% to 73%. whats weird is that during the day, the battery is fine....going from about 99% in the morning to 60-70% depending on usage....

two night ago when this first happened, she thinks maybe she was still on AIM getting push notificiations. last night, she mentioned that maybe facebook was logged on getting push....

i find it hard to believe that even with these push notifications, that the battery would drain that much during the night!
    anything else i should check? we are baffled...

17. dobymax

dobymax Member
    Bronze

I turned off push and wifi and that helped mine. I only turn on wifi when needed, and check my email manually.

18. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Not sure why turning off either of these would result in any significant battery savings.

19. ronr9286t

ronr9286t New Member

I have a 3GS and haven't updated the software to 4, but was with a buddy for two days who has a 4 (at the big fly-in at Oshkosh) . His battery life was good until those two days, and then it would go down to 30% after a few hours.

From experience gained in my Windows Mobile days, I suggested he find out how to close apps (since the 4 software doesn't close apps with simply pressing the home button). He discovered the double-tap, and found that he had about 12 programs open, including 3 that use GPS. After closing the open apps, the battery life returned to its previous level (very good).

Ron

20. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Tips for you people experiencing a drop in battery life:
    This is what I have found,
    -close out apps once a day
    -run brighness half way with auto dim on
    -set you email to fetch hourly
    -keep wifi and Bluetooth off unless your using
    -use wifi instead of 3G when you can
    -immediately close out gps based apps when you are done
    -do not charge the battery until it drops below 20%.... I had an argument with an Apple rep about this who told me it doesn't make a difference. That's bs, and I know it for a fact. You won't damage the battery charging it at 50%, but expect the battery life to be shorter that day.
    -make sure you let the phone charge for 2-3 hours after it says 100%.... it trickle charges

I can leave mine over night not charging and it will only lose 2%-5%