Great battery life on iPhone 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I can not get my iPhone to go down under 10% since i got it June 23th.
I have had to almost 10 when using iMovie for a couple hours editing . But that is it . I think we all Need to say good job to Apple for the battery life . It is great!

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I agree good job on battery life. I'm sure iMovie can kill it quick.
But in all seriousness you CAN bring your battery below 10% if you wanted to correct? If not then you have a problem....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think we can also thank the A4 system on a chip as well as the new OS for these battery improvements. The iPhone 4 seems to barely use any juice at all when idle. That's great programming there.

Jul 17, 2010
I have heard about it. But I can not still get original battery as well. I hope that You will get it as soon as far. I will plan to get the battery through the ebay. I am sure that I will find epic quality there.

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
My iPhone 4 battery is soo much better than my 3G but I am using it from 4am till about 9 pm daily almost nonstop. By about 5 pm each day I am down to about 10%. Need to plug in to make it to 9.

This weekend I purchased an pflip dock and battery combo from att. It actually is for the 3G and 3GS but works quite well with the iPhone 4. Gives me 2000 mah mobile charge and a neat stand to use my iPhone standing up on a desk.

Talked to the manufacturer DEXIM and they will have one for the iPhone 4 in October but instead of $50 it is supposed to be $80.

eugchen23

Bronze
Jul 22, 2010
CAN ANYone help me with my situation? my wife has a one week old iPhone 4....no problems with battery life the first 4 days. the past two nights, its drained considerably during the night when we are asleep. from about 75% down to 10%--overnight! during those nights, my iPhone 4 went from 75% to 73%. whats weird is that during the day, the battery is fine....going from about 99% in the morning to 60-70% depending on usage....

two night ago when this first happened, she thinks maybe she was still on AIM getting push notificiations. last night, she mentioned that maybe facebook was logged on getting push....

i find it hard to believe that even with these push notifications, that the battery would drain that much during the night!
anything else i should check? we are baffled...

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I turned off push and wifi and that helped mine. I only turn on wifi when needed, and check my email manually.

ronr9286t

May 9, 2009
Northern CA
I have a 3GS and haven't updated the software to 4, but was with a buddy for two days who has a 4 (at the big fly-in at Oshkosh) . His battery life was good until those two days, and then it would go down to 30% after a few hours.

From experience gained in my Windows Mobile days, I suggested he find out how to close apps (since the 4 software doesn't close apps with simply pressing the home button). He discovered the double-tap, and found that he had about 12 programs open, including 3 that use GPS. After closing the open apps, the battery life returned to its previous level (very good).

Ron

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Tips for you people experiencing a drop in battery life:
This is what I have found,
-close out apps once a day
-run brighness half way with auto dim on
-set you email to fetch hourly
-keep wifi and Bluetooth off unless your using
-use wifi instead of 3G when you can
-immediately close out gps based apps when you are done
-do not charge the battery until it drops below 20%.... I had an argument with an Apple rep about this who told me it doesn't make a difference. That's bs, and I know it for a fact. You won't damage the battery charging it at 50%, but expect the battery life to be shorter that day.
-make sure you let the phone charge for 2-3 hours after it says 100%.... it trickle charges

I can leave mine over night not charging and it will only lose 2%-5%