Great Experience At Genius Bar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimmaye

Sep 21, 2007
I took my first trip to the genius bar today because of a bad mic on my iPhone. I had heard horror stories from some people about getting laughed at by employees, being charged for replacement, etc. However, my experience went well. Everyone at the store was very polite & seemed very dedicated to making sure the customers were happy. Once my name was called, he asked me what was wrong, i barely even got out the story about my mic going bad before he was already offering to give me an in-store replacement. They didn't try to replicate the problem or anything, they just took my word for it. I was very pleased with the service & the whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. There was also a guy beside me who brought his iMac back because of 1 dead pixel, they gladly replaced that as well. Overall, I am very pleased with Apple's customer service. :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I took my first trip to the genius bar today because of a bad mic on my iPhone. I had heard horror stories from some people about getting laughed at by employees, being charged for replacement, etc. However, my experience went well. Everyone at the store was very polite & seemed very dedicated to making sure the customers were happy. Once my name was called, he asked me what was wrong, i barely even got out the story about my mic going bad before he was already offering to give me an in-store replacement. They didn't try to replicate the problem or anything, they just took my word for it. I was very pleased with the service & the whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. There was also a guy beside me who brought his iMac back because of 1 dead pixel, they gladly replaced that as well. Overall, I am very pleased with Apple's customer service. :laugh2:
Nice, I love hearing peoples stories of great in store customer service, see there are good people out there that understand...:laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
yes, at my local Apple store, they've always been super nice to me and helpful, except that time I called ahead and asked if they had a jawbone bluetooth and drove all the way up there to find out the person hadn't even looked and they just happened to be out, that's ok though Best Buy got my money that night for that little stunt...:p

Unfortunate for those that have had bad exp. with their Apple store, I hope they atleast called Apple and told them of the awful service they were handed at that particular store....Someone would definitely be hearing from me!

jimmaye

Sep 21, 2007
the new phone works great by the way. :laugh2: everyone can hear me just fine now! i did notice 1 small dead pixel near the bottom of the phone, but it's not a big deal & everything else seems to work just fine.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
You this is a really worthwhile thread because phone customer service i universally agreed upon to be so poor and frustrating that Apple shiuld be saluted for generally excellent customer service.
My experiences at the Genius bar has been surprisingly excellent as well as responses on the phones.....so.....:
Kudo's to Apple on this!