Great iPad 2/3 case for $10, delivered.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Is it me, or are those corner grips butt-ugly? :eek:
Considering my current previous iPad spent nearly all its time in this stand, well, no.

This I picked up from Staples day before Christmas on their 80% off table--which had another 50% off for that day. Think it was like 3.99 after all the discounts.

Michael

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Considering my current previous iPad spent nearly all its time in this stand, well, no.

This I picked up from Staples day before Christmas on their 80% off table--which had another 50% off for that day. Think it was like 3.99 after all the discounts.
Michael
What's the name of that stand? That actually looks pretty damn sweet!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
What's the name of that stand? That actually looks pretty damn sweet!
That is actually from Brookstone. So it looks better than it is built lol. I dropped it on like the second day but caught it--roughly. That broke one of the plastic nubs that hold the thing together and I was going to throw it away. But a few drops of cyanoacrylate and it has held ever since. While reassembling I reversed the vertical stand as it seems better balanced that way. Maybe that is why it is holding up so good now. Really is great for my office and kitchen though. Easily removed too.

Michael

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
That is actually from Brookstone. So it looks better than it is built lol. I dropped it on like the second day but caught it--roughly. That broke one of the plastic nubs that hold the thing together and I was going to throw it away. But a few drops of cyanoacrylate and it has held ever since. While reassembling I reversed the vertical stand as it seems better balanced that way. Maybe that is why it is holding up so good now. Really is great for my office and kitchen though. Easily removed too.
Does the stand change orientation–from portrait (shown) to landscape?

Sent from my iPad 3

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is it me?...or does that not look like any iPad that I've ever seen. The long edges are straight like the iPhone 4/4S (not beveled/curved).
I think it's just the angle. Looks like an iPad to me.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Is it me?...or does that not look like any iPad that I've ever seen. The long edges are straight like the iPhone 4/4S (not beveled/curved).
It is just an iPad 1 not 2 or 3.

My iPad 3 is a little loose in it but it makes it easier to remove too.

Still have not gotten the new case though. It's 5:20 here now doesn't look like UPS will make it today (they are usually here by 2 or 3).

Michael

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well I finally got my case delivered. It arrived at 7:50PM.

All I can say is.... WOW. I am very impressed by the quality of this thing. The "butt-ugly" corner pieces are fine. They are nowhere near as large as some of the photos make them seem. I can't believe this thing was 9.99 delivered.

Michael

Attachments

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As an update some of the early shipments, of which mine was one, had incorrect polarization on the magnets. That is essentially the iPad 2 Vs iPad 3 auto on/off issue. I guess the iPad 2 worked with any polarity but not the iPad 3.

Good news is the company seems very accommodating. Sent an email about the issue and received a quick reply:

"Dear Michael:

Yes, the polarity is the issue on your case and we have fixed it on all our future shipments.

And we will be shipping a correct case to you by the end of thisweek. You can keep the currently case ,as a lay over unit or use it on a Ipad 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Jim"

Michael

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
My case arrived today ... it is a GREAT case! It is sleek and sturdy and appears to be excellent quality workmanship. My on/off feature functions correctly (I did get a CS email stating that if I had any issues they would happily and promptly rectify the situation) GREAT deal ... It is not my first case and I am sure it will not be my last but I am very pleased with it!

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I picked up the Poetic HardBack Protective Case at Amazon...it was mentioned in an earlier post. I'm in the process of reviewing it now, probably by video. I'll post it once it's up. Great case for $13 shipped. Probably won't "land" on it since I love my Smart Cover and I'm looking for a case that will just snap on the back, but this is a great case to switch out from time to time...at that price and even more.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I picked up the Poetic HardBack Protective Case at Amazon...it was mentioned in an earlier post. I'm in the process of reviewing it now, probably by video. I'll post it once it's up. Great case for $13 shipped. Probably won't "land" on it since I love my Smart Cover and I'm looking for a case that will just snap on the back, but this is a great case to switch out from time to time...at that price and even more.

Yes I just received this case on Tuesday so far I like it except for when it's in vertical mode the left-hand side has the Obvious bump hehe. The top cover doesn't have enough slack to fold perfectly flat so the result is a vertical bump when it's opened up (flap behind iPad). Can't complain too much I like the build quality of the case, looking forward to your review mate.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Well, here's my review. I think it turned out pretty well. Got a little work to do, but this is my first of many reviews. :) Let me know what you think!

ADDITION: One thing that I realized after I made this review...the iPad is held in on the stand side (the side that I stated that didn't keep the iPad in the case well) by a MAGNET. There are magnets under the suede (microfiber) that draw the aluminum back of the iPad to the case and holds it there. The plastic tabs on the top of the case do not snap the iPad in.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Well, here's my review. I think it turned out pretty well. Got a little work to do, but this is my first of many reviews. :) Let me know what you think!

Nice review & you can't beat the price on that case.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
The case is very nice, after using it for a few days....it would take some sort of "super case" to stop using this (I also got it for a few dollars cheaper), it does most of what I want from a case for a cheeeeeap price.