Great iPad 2/3 case for $10, delivered.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Well, here's my review. I think it turned out pretty well. Got a little work to do, but this is my first of many reviews. :) Let me know what you think!

Good video review. Thanks for sharing.

For future reference, the inside material is called "microfiber"–at least that's what many cases have for the inside lining.

Sent from my iPad 3

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Good video review. Thanks for sharing.

For future reference, the inside material is called "microfiber"–at least that's what many cases have for the inside lining.

Sent from my iPad 3
I don't disagree with the microfiber statement...however, it does have more of a suede feel than the microfiber that is on my couches...thus why I stated what I did. :)

However, it is referred to within the industry as microfiber. :)

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Well, here's my review. I think it turned out pretty well. Got a little work to do, but this is my first of many reviews. :) Let me know what you think!

Nice review, I ordered one after watching it. I am using a smart cover which I do like and the back case that I got on eBay isn't a perfect fit and is very slippery. They are out of stock until the 27th, but for $16 and high demand I can't complain.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Nice review, I ordered one after watching it. I am using a smart cover which I do like and the back case that I got on eBay isn't a perfect fit and is very slippery. They are out of stock until the 27th, but for $16 and high demand I can't complain.
Thanks for watching! I couldn't agree more. I will be getting a hard plastic case to go on the back of my iPad 3 to go with my Smart Cover...I just like being able to take the Smart Cover completely off the iPad.

However, I couldn't agree more with your assessment...it's worth having for this price and I wanted SOMETHING on my iPad until more cases are released. Ultimately I got a better case than I was expecting...something I will probably use on and off in the future (as I like to change cases from time to time). :)

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Which one is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad 3
It was a generic snap on back case that I got on eBay for about $10. It's not a perfect fit, 3 out of the 4 sides snap in place. Probably a good example of cases coming out without the exact measurement specifications. It'll work for a few weeks until the other one comes in.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
It was a generic snap on back case that I got on eBay for about $10. It's not a perfect fit, 3 out of the 4 sides snap in place. Probably a good example of cases coming out without the exact measurement specifications. It'll work for a few weeks until the other one comes in.
I should have asked, "can you post the link to it."

Sent from my iPad 3

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
After using this case for a while.....I may not look for anymore cases lol, with the exception of something with a keyboard in it. It really is a great deal, glad someone told me about it, hopefully I like the stylus just as much ^^.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Yeah...I gotta say...the longer I use it, the more I like it. I still miss the ability to take the cover off...that's my biggest drawback. I hate having to fold the cover back and having it flop around. Looking forward to a good back cover coming out that can be used with my Smart Cover. I'll still come back to the Poetic case, though.....it's good stuff.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I just bought the Laza iPad 3 back cover to use with my grey Apple Smartcover.

It also comes with a neoprene zippered slipcase (with soft lining inside), as well as a stylus with pocket clip and headset jack leash.

Here's a photo gallery of it.

Just put it on this morning. Works well with the Smartcover. The back cover and Smartcover together keep my iPad very thin (the way it should be) while providing protection against scratches. So far, so good...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011

It also comes with a neoprene zippered slipcase (with soft lining inside), as well as a stylus with pocket clip and headset jack leash.

Just put it on this morning. Works well with the Smartcover. The back cover and Smartcover together keep my iPad very thin (the way it should be) while providing protection against scratches. So far, so good...
looks pretty good, if I ever buy another smart cover I'll prob check this out.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As an update I received my replacement Moko case and it is flawless: and the auto on/off works as it should.

For $10 I'm thrilled--and have a backup case to boot (he didn't want my old case back).

I don't think I will even be looking at any other cases. Well, except for, ironically, that Poetic hard backed case. That would give me two great cases for just $27.

Case (over) pricing is a pet peeve of mine so it's good to finally end up on the better end of a deal.

Michael

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just received my Moko case yesterday. I put the iPad 2 in it and works great. Love the look and feel of it. I paid slightly more at $15, but totally worth it.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
How are you guys getting free shipping on the Moko? It's telling me $16.99 plus $4.98 shipping!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How are you guys getting free shipping on the Moko? It's telling me $16.99 plus $4.98 shipping!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app
I also paid for shipping, but I found this case to be well worth the $20. I am jealous of those who got it for $10.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I also paid for shipping, but I found this case to be well worth the $20. I am jealous of those who got it for $10.

I was able to get some promo on mine, however I just joined amazon prime for the student discounts, seems worth it.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI

I'm always leery of clear plastic cases. I find that they show scratches TERRIBLY! I'm really waiting for Belkin, Incase, Switcheasy or the like to release a snap case with a rubberized back. Liked the Belkin...but the clear showed scratches too. I'm looking at the Incipio case, but not sure I like how it holds the Smart Cover in place. I like that idea, but part of having this setup is the ability to take the front cover off as needed. At least that's a draw for me. I'm not sure I'd like having to remove the case a bit in order to remove the Smart Cover. Wait, wait, wait...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I'm always leery of clear plastic cases. I find that they show scratches TERRIBLY! I'm really waiting for Belkin, Incase, Switcheasy or the like to release a snap case with a rubberized back. Liked the Belkin...but the clear showed scratches too. I'm looking at the Incipio case, but not sure I like how it holds the Smart Cover in place. I like that idea, but part of having this setup is the ability to take the front cover off as needed. At least that's a draw for me. I'm not sure I'd like having to remove the case a bit in order to remove the Smart Cover. Wait, wait, wait...
As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I usually go through multiple cases on a new device before I find one that I use daily. I do like the clear plastic case/SmartCover combination but will probably try a silicon/soft plastic back when they are available (for the iPad 3).

Sent from my iPad 3